The heatwave has hit the street and Lucy is outside in the sun being harassed by Jodie who's certainly got a tan. It's going to look a bit odd in October when the leaves are coming off the trees and the cold is creeping in, yet it's the August heatwave on the street. Tim later tells Lucy that he persuaded Ritchie to go back to the house and Lucy immediately blames him and then attacks Joanie. I'm still of the opinion that Lucy is the real killer.
Everyone's mad at Todd for getting off with the fella Glenda fancied (out of all the women on the street, I'd've thought that Glenda would have good gaydar). Todd gives short shrift to Glenda and then snipes at Christina, who tears off a strip or five. I'm quite enjoying the return of nasty Todd.
Something else I'm enjoying is Frances Barber (Celeste) who turns out to be Bernie's (long lost?) aunty. She bumps into la Winter-Alahan but Bernie blanks her. Todd tries to tell her the situation re: Celeste, but she's not interested (for now, anyhow).
In the pub, Ben launches the Deep Brew Sea craft beer promotion. I'm pretty sure they already did this storyline back when Liz was Queen of t'Rovers and she bought in some craft beer and nobody liked it. Corrie joins the 21st century by having an influencer snap a pic of the new beer for his socials and Ben persuades him against going to Speed Daal so that the Rovers can sell more hotpots - and also get one over on Ollie, who gets pretty, pretty mad at his dad's scheming.
Rachel Stevenson - on bluesky