Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 11 January 2019

Bev Callard on her new role in the Rocky Horror Show


Beverley Callard, who plays Liz McDonald in Coronation Street, has taken to the stage for her role as the narrator in the Rocky Horror Show in Manchester.

As the Rocky Horrror Show starts a new UK tour, Beverley is playing the role of the narrator exclusively for the Manchester show

In an interview with Manchester Evening News, she says:

"[The show] approached me about the role. And to be honest, I asked Coronation Street, because we have to ask permission to do anything, and of course I've been so busy in the [Coronation] Street story lines and I knew I was quite quiet for once in January, February. And then when they asked me if I could do the Rocky Horror show, I would have been brokenhearted if Coronation Street would have said no.

"When they asked me, I couldn't believe it and I just thought, I can't say no. And when Coronation Street said I could do it, I was just delighted. Obviously, I can only do the Manchester show, because I'm off work this week but next week I'm doing Coronation Street in the day and then here in the evening, so it'll be full on but it'll be worth it."

What does Beverley hope to bring to the role of narrator in the show?

"I'm the first woman ever!" she stated proudly.

"So, I've got a few things up my sleeve. Hopefully the audience will love it, but if they're coming to see Liz McDonald on stage, they would be disappointed. Because the Narrator is nothing like Liz at all and that's good."

So are there any more theatre roles coming up for Beverley Callard in Manchester?

"Yeah I have actually ... but I can't talk about it yet."

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
 

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!