There's a good interview today in The People with Lisa George, who plays newcomer Beth Tinker.
She says her role on Coronation Street has been a lifesaver. "It’s been really tough. At times I’ve been on the breadline. I’m so
grateful to Ma and Pa and my boyfriend for supporting me. Over the
years I’ve done everything to make ends meet. I worked in a fish finger factory, a pasta factory and a bike factory, threading gears in bikes and drilling handle bars. I’ve sold cigars in a posh restaurant wearing fishnets and a tutu.
I’ve been a PA and sold tickets in the Albert Hall’s box office. I’ve
been a holiday camp bluecoat, a backing singer and a singing teacher –
you name it, I’ve done it.”
Did you know that Lisa has been in Coronation Street three times before? In 1997 she was a nursing colleague of Martin Platt and in 2005 a
police family liaison officer in five episodes after the murder of Tommy
Harris.Two years later she played another policewoman in an hour-long
special when Ashley Peacock’s son was kidnapped. But the episode was
shelved due to the disppearance of Madeleine McCann.
Lisa even wrote to Street bosses begging for a part as the sister of
Cilla Battersby because she was constantly being mistaken for her!
She also sings and records with a 19-piece big band The Cat Pack. Find out more about the band here.
Anyway, I'm loving Beth but especially enjoying watching her son Craig, played by Colson Smith. I'm still holding out hope that Craig turns out to be Steve McDonald's son. Watch this space.
Read the full interview here.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Sunday, 13 May 2012
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
Tuesday 22nd September 2026 TIM AND SALLY WONDER IF THEY’VE TAKEN ON TOO MUCH Sally looks at Lucy’s art project and is concerned to see a pi...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Roy's teacups now have cameras in the bottom of them for Bernie and Christina to peer into to read their futures in the tea-leaves. Go...
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
