Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 28 February 2016

Sally Dynevor on Corrie role: "There's no better job"

There's a long interview with Coronation Street actor Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Metcalfe in today's Sunday People.

Sally says that after  30 years at Coronation Street she goes itchy feet to try something away from the cobbles. But she says: "... who knows what would happen if I left?

"I don’t want to risk leaving ­something that I’m enjoying. I went to see Julie Hesmondhalgh in a new play ­recently. It was ­absolutely brilliant and it did make me think, ‘Oh, should I do this? Should I leave?’ But then another part of me thought, ‘What if I left and it didn’t work out?’

"And I love it here. At the moment I think I’m enjoying it more than I’ve ever. There’s no better job, really.
 
There's a lot more to the interview and you can read it here.   

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She also says she's sometimes embarrassed by the things Sally Metcalf says.
Script writers, take note.

The interview was in the Mirror, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Next thing, she'll announce a short break from the street, then she will be leaving. Mark my words.

Humpty Dumpty said...

Sally D has shown that she's a versatile actress so maybe tv and stage producers will begin to take note. Her character could pop off and stay with Rosie in London while she did a stint in a play.

Humpty Dumpty said...

Sally D has shown that she's a versatile actress so maybe tv and stage producers will begin to take note. Her character could pop off and stay with Rosie in London while she did a stint in a play.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read the headline, that's exactly what I thought also. Not sure what will become of Corrie if they loose another really good actor. After all, what could become of Tim or Sophie if Sally leaves? TPTB would probably make sure she couldn't come back if she left and then changed her mind to come back. It always starts off with taking a break (a never ending break) It seems that it's their way or the highway. It's no wonder a lot of the really good actors are seriously thinking of leaving.

Anonymous said...

"a lot of the really good actors are seriously thinking of leaving." - how do we know this is true?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!