Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Samia Ghadie returns to filming at Coronation Street

Samia Ghadie, who plays Maria Connor, has returned to work at Coronation Street.  Samia has been away on maternity leave after giving birth to her second child.

Has anyone missed Maria while she's been away? I have to admit I haven't.

However, I would love Maria to get a really big juicy storyline because when she does, Samia Ghadie shows her acting chops and really gets stuck in.  I'm thinking back to when Maria was pregnant with Liam's baby and facing up to Carla in their battle for Liam Connor. Also, when Maria started stalking Tyrone with the letters and texts and so on.

Maria's not done much of late, and I do hope her return from maternity leave will give the actress the storyline she deserves.  I fear, however, she may return to be nothing more than the whinging, hairdressing, arm-candy for Luke once again.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

Peter said...

I agree. Nice story for Maria, please! But not one that involves love-cheating!

MichaelAdamsUk said...

Totally agree Glenda!

C in Canada said...

100% agree. She's great with drama, real drama, not the window dressing they usually give her.
I otherwise like the character.

Anonymous said...

Was she gone?

Anonymous said...

Groan....

Anonymous said...

I think Samia Ghadie is an excellent actress. Let's not blame the actors/actresses for less-than-stellar scripts or storylines given them by the writers and producer. There is a place for characters who are not constantly gambling/being drunk/causing accidents/beating up people/having near death experiences twice per year. I say, thank God for Maria.

Zagg said...

I am always happy when one of the regulars who has been on the show a long time returns. Hopefully they will give her a better story line than on again/off again Luke.

Anonymous said...

I also hope Maria[who've I missed] does get a juicy storyline and settles down with Luke.Alas,I have a feeling that Maria's return will be overshadowed by the Platts,particurely Sarah who's about to give birth to Callum's baby.
Sadly it seems that trashy characters like Sarah are favoured over genuine characters like Maria for storylines.

Anonymous said...

I haven't missed her at all. I don't know what kind of juicy storyline would spark my interest in this character as I think she and a whole bunch of other characters have outstayed their usefulness in the show.

Anonymous said...

I really used to like Maria when she was a rumpled kennel girl and with Tyrone. Then she got all glam and dumped Ty and her life has been a boring mess ever since.


C. from Toronto

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!