Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 17 January 2020

Gemma and Chesney discover one of the quads is deaf


When I first saw the headline for this upcoming Coronation Street story my heart dropped into my socks. I actually thought the word 'deaf' read 'dead' and I thought to myself they can't do that on Corrie! 

And then when I looked more closely, put my reading glasses on and squinted at the screen, I realised what the headline actually said. And still I felt a terrible sadness for Gemma and Chesney and little baby Aled. But it's an important story to be told, a Corrie spokesperson said.

A spokesperson for the soap told Digital Spy: "This is a very important story to tell and will resonate with many parents who have gone through their children being diagnosed with hearing problems and the challenges that this throws up for the child, the parents and the whole family.

Coronation Street has worked with Trafford Deaf Children's Society and Great Ormond Street Hospital on the storyline, which hopes to raise awareness of how a hearing diagnosis can affect the whole family and shine a light on the help that is out there for them.
__
Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!