Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 17 February 2018

Coronation Street Blog Editor - Giddy Kipper with Good News


I've gone a bit giddy kipper. Finally I'm able to announce my news. 

As you may already know, I have in the past written official Coronation Street books for ITV.  I have also written unofficial companion Corrie books too.  Here are my books, below.

You can find out all about the Corrie books here.

And now, I have more writing news to share. I hope you'll forgive me for the fact that it's not Coronation Street related this time.  

My debut novel will be published in hardback, Kindle and audiobook in November 2018. It is one of three novels I have been contracted to write for publisher Headline.  Their news announcement went live yesterday as follows:

Headline has acquired a new saga author, Glenda Young

Senior commissioning editor Kate Byrne acquired world English rights in three books from Caroline Sheldon at the Caroline Sheldon Literary Agency. 

In the first novel, Belle of the Back Streets, 15-year-old Meg finds herself taking on the rag and bone business in Ryhope to protect her family from an unscrupulous rent collector. Headline will publish in paperback in March 2019.

Sheldon said "several publishers" shared her enthusiasm for the book after she plucked it from an "overflowing" pile of submissions, but she and Young chose Headline for its "clear publishing vision and obvious passion for the writing".

Byrne at Headline said: "I knew Belle of the Back Streets was something very special right away. Glenda has a gift for portraying a fantastic sense of period with vivid historical detail and creating engaging, nuanced characters – Meg is a wonderfully strong and resourceful heroine and I know readers will be rooting for her amidst the drama, tragedy and romance of her page-turning story."

Young's background is in soaps. She was commissioned to write the first ever soap opera "Riverside" for weekly The People's Friend. Since 2007 she has run two "Coronation Street" fan websites and she also authored a number of books based on the soap.

She commented: "I am indebted to my agent Caroline Sheldon and my editor Kate Byrne at Headline for their belief in my work – and in me. Ever since I was a girl all I have ever wanted to do was write and tell my own stories. I am extremely grateful to Headline for finally making that dream come true and I am very excited to be working with them."


I really could not be any happier.

Glenda Young
Blog: Flaming Nora
Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com
Twitter: @flaming_nora


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

Where's Emily?? said...

Congratulations! How very nice that you could combine your love of literature with earning a living. Thanks for this site as well, have thoroughly enjoyed it. Best of luck!

Rapunzel said...

How wonderful! Congratulations Glenda.

Glenda Young said...

Thank you both. I'm loving writingband blogging at the same time and will continue with both.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great read. Many congratulations. Can hardly wait to read it!

popcorn said...

Hearty congratulations. Can't wait for the publication date. You will be sure to inform us, right?

Lily Bigfield said...

Great news, many congratulations on your well-deserved success!

abbyk said...

Congratulations, Glenda!

Tvor said...

Chuffed to little mint balls for you, chuck! xo Can't wait to read them!

Martin Leay said...

Brilliant news - congrats Glenda! x

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!