Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 18 February 2018

Faye Brookes reveals details of Shayne Ward's Corrie exit


Faye Brookes, who plays Kate Connor in Coronation Street, is interviewed in The Sun's Fabulous Magazine this weekend.  She talks about her personal relationship with boyfriend Gareth Gates and also about her co-star Shayne Ward, who plays Aidan Connor.

Asked about Shayne leaving Corrie, Kate says this which I found very interesting as it hints that his leaving might not have been of his own decision.  But I guess, in the acting profession, nothing is ever taken for granted.

Anyway, Kate says this about Shayne Ward leaving:

“I still feel really sad about it, and I think he’s probably going to be upset about it until he goes. It’s a difficult thing to deal with but I totally understand why they’ve done it. I’m absolutely devastated that he’s going, but I also realise you have to go with the changes.

“He is like my brother off screen, too, and probably the only person I truly confide in at work. He came in at the same time as me, he has the same background as my boyfriend, and he gets me and he gets Gareth. But he will take the bull by the horns and go with it.”

Did it make her worried about her own future?

“Oh yeah. It’s the first question that popped into my head. None of us are safe, because Shayne is really good at his job and he’s loved. But if there are some who maybe take it for granted or have become a bit complacent, it really does make you pull your socks up. I don’t want to go anywhere. I’m working my bum and I hope they’ll keep me there for a very long time.”

You can read the full interview here.


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Humpty Dumpty said...

Why would Aidan leave the Street after gaining Carla's share of the factory? Perhaps running away with Eva to hide from Toyah would be 'explosive' enough as a reason. I really hope Aidan doesn't die as a result of the operation failing, particularly if Carla returns to her high-living ways. Is this why Michelle and Carla end up being enemies? Shayne might be unhappy about his exit story, as well as the simple fact that he's lost his job.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!