Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 4 February 2018

Angela Griffin: "I could and I would return to Coronation Street"


Angela Griffin, who played Fiona Middleton in Coronation Street, was interviewed on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch this morning, which I've just finished watched. She  was asked about her time on Coronation Street as Fiona, and she said if she was asked, she could, and would  return to the show.

Angela said she went into Corrie at the age of 16. Asked what it was like being in Manchester and being famous in the 90s she said: "It was like the Hacienda and all the bands and all the raves that were going. I did go to the Hacienda, I was about 19 or 20.

"I had a great time when I was on Corrie but it was very different to what it is now. There wasn't as much press intrusion then as what there is now, or social media. There were mobile phones then, but not with cameras. It was amazing, it was a great thing to do to be in Corrie at that time and it taught me how to present myself.

Asked what she meant when she said she learned to present herself,  Angela said: "It means when I've had a drink, no-one knows that I've had a drink because I had to make sure, at that point (being in Corrie), people were looking at you because whenever you went anywhere it was a bit like being royalty in Manchester. So I learned to present myself to the nation," she laughed.

And asked if she would ever go back to Coronation Street, Angela said this:

"I could, yes, I could go back. I would potentially and I could potentially, but I can't, because I'm contracted to The Detail and The Globe. But I wouldn't ever say that I wouldn't go back because I loved it and I loved that character and I think that that she'd make a great impression if she came back again."


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does she say could, when she can't?

Louby said...

Why would she return though? The only reason I can think of is Steve, unless Audrey offered her a job! Or, maybe Denise could return and they could start a rival salon!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!