Tuesday, 1 May 2012
Twilight Zone on Coronation Street
I think the Coronation Street writers for Monday's episodes must have come from the twilight zone. Or maybe they were sat around a bottle of gin at the time, I don't know. A lot of things didn't make sense to me.
First, Deirdre seems to have completely forgotten that she was a councillor at one time, and everyone else had forgotten it too. Yet another writer fail, ignoring or not bothering to check history. You wonder what the actors think about some of this shoddy writing, don't you? It's little things like this that are even more annoying to me than an unbelievable storyline because it's so easy to do a little research.
There's no way the upstanding Kirsty would have helped Tyrone investigate a bent Councillor, illegally accessing bank records and rifling through the offices. I know she's impulsive but being a cop is very important to her. It's not that likely that a PC would be undercover is it? Maybe I'm wrong there.
Would Sunita really go shopping in 4 inch spike heels? I think not. Eva, maybe. And how does she think she'll have the house to herself to have a bit of rumpy pumpy with Karl? Asha isn't going with Dev and Aadi.
Mary suggests a corner shop isn't suitable for a young girl and reckons she should be in bed anyway. I didn't think the shop was open all that late? 8 or 9pm surely? Faye's not a toddler. And Mary making Faye shine shoes? Whose shoes? And stroppy Faye agreed to do it? I would have thought she'd have run out of the house across the street to her mother rather than put up with those "workhouse" type tactics.
Kevin asked Pam to mind the baby. In Sally's house. Huh? But I guess Kevin is still thinking with Mr. Happy, isn't he? He's willing to give up his baby to get his ex-wife back. Willing to give him to a senior couple. He thinks Sally can just ignore the baby living under her roof, letting him do all the work. He just needs to look at Peter Barlow to find out the result of dumping your child on relatives to be brought up.
I guess Brian's vasectomy took after all. My heart did break for Julie. I hope she's going to be ok.
No Weekly Awards from me for a few weeks as I'll be on my holidays!
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Labels:
newsnow,
storylines
You might also like...
-
Friday 9th October 2026 SOMEONE HAS TO COVER UP THEIR TRACKS David calls an ambulance and explains that someone has been shot. The paramedi...
-
Monday 5th October 2026 JODIE TEARS APART HER DAD’S SANITY David reveals that Doug has swiped both the toaster and the biscuit tin, Jodie p...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Sunday 11 October to Friday 16 October 2026 Le...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Thursday 8th October 2026 IT’S THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR SHONA AND JODIE Flashforward: At No.8, the living room is strewn with someone’s belon...
-
Wednesday 7th October 2026 JODIE FINALLY SENDS SHONA PACKING As Jodie returns home with Shona’s birthday cake, she finds Shona frantically ...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Good evening. Doug (Steve Evets, best known probably for his long term role in Brassic) provided a class performance this evening. We know...
-
Coronation Street has released a dramatic first look of Sarah Barlow’s long awaited court case. Sarah, played by Tina O'Brien, was arres...
-
This is the dramatic moment when Coronation Street’s ‘single white female’ Jodie Ramsey proves she will stop at nothing to steal her sister’...
