Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 1 August 2010

Liz McDonald - best Rover's landlady?

Vis-a-vis the previous post about possible tram crash victims (cheery! but we ARE all wondering!), I began four lists, based on how I think I'd react if they "went". One - those I'd go into full mourning for. Two - those I'd muster a sniff for. Three - those I'd just not notice were gone. And four - those I'm so keen to get rid of I'd possibly climb on to the tracks and derail the tram myself. But that's a short list.

High on list one, in amongst the Ritas, the Bettys, the Deirdres and the Audreys (and many more - in fact, most of the present cast!) is Liz McDonald. In fact, I think she's probably my all-time favourite Rover's landlady. I love her cougar-like tendencies and her outfits. I loved her relationship with Vernon and I wish they'd bring him back.

5 comments:

Llifon said...

Imo, Annie Walker was the best landlady. There was a sense of hierachy with her: her on top, then Betty and Bet, followed by Fred and finally Hilda as cleaner. Although Liz is a strong landlady, no fuss with staff. Never liked Bet as landlady tbh.

Tvor said...

There's a lot of people feel they ruined Bet when they made her landlady. I liked her but i think,yes, Liz really is one of my favourite characters

Tvor said...

In fact this is almost similar to a blog post i'm working on myself about favourite and non-favourite characters! We're on the same wavelength

Anonymous said...

Liz -- mutton in lamb's clothing. A character you feel sorry/sympathy for because she's having a tough time with aging and loneliness. But a character like her doesn't have to be landlady of Rovers. No, she doesn't get my vote as best landlady. I agree with CSC above -- Annie Walker was the best.

Jamescc said...

Annie without doubt is the No 1.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!