Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 9 August 2010

The man's man on Corrie

Coronation Street has always had its quota of the testosterone fuelled, hairy chested "man's man". We've got Big Jim MacDonald coming back (remember when he was in the wheelchair by the way, and Liz had the affair with the physio?!). We've got newcomer Owen, who I fully expect to go "mano a mano" with Big Jim out on the cobbles. He's doing pretty well so far - gruff voice, hard hat, stubbly chin, bit of a glad eye for the ladies. I reckon Bill Webster is a bit of a man's man as well - and by the way Bill - DON'T go for the lowlights. Grooming's all very well but you'd only be letting yourself down.

But I think my favourite man's man was Duggie "crusher" Ferguson, played by John Bowe. Regular commenter Gadgee mentioned recently that he did a cracking turn as Dolly Parton. I remember that too, and looked for a photo, but the best I could do was this I'm afraid - the late lamented Crusher, done in by Hillman. It's such a shame that he can't return to the Street.

4 comments:

Tvor said...

Oooh i loved Duggie! I thought he was very sexy, and i loved his voice! I thought he and Sunita made a very nice couple. I *may* have a photo of him as Dolly somewhere, and if i don't i *may* have the episode somewhere that i can get a still photo off. I'll try to remember to dig around at home and see.

Sea Penguin said...

That would be great! if I remember aright, he had a bit too much lippy on. But who's complaining when it's Crusher?!

Llifon said...

I think Len Fairclough was the first macho man in Corrie and one that others have tried to copy. During his time he got Elsie, Bet and Rita - three walking wounded women. Rita recently said that Owen reminded her of Len. Alan Bradley fits this description also as Rita found herself attracted to him as he reminded her of Len.

Gina said...

I loved Duggie and was so sad to see him go. I loved his relationship with Shelly.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!