Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 26 August 2010

Fiz and the baby - what next?


This week's poll asks readers their views on the best way forward for Coronation Street's Fiz Stape and her forthcoming baby. I must say I'm struggling with this one.
Just look at the photo. Her husband is in the woods, burning a dead man's clothes, helped along by Charlotte, his strange and besotted accomplice. Okay, Fiz doesn't know all the gory details, but after the kidnapping, ID theft and all, she does have a fairly shrewd understanding of John's "nature". But she loves him anyway, and Charlotte's gone back to being "busy on Sundays" - so that's all right. Or is it? Would it be right for Fiz to put the past behind her, and would she be able to? I can definitely envisage John cracking again - he'll never last at the bookies - so she might be best to cut her losses and go it alone. On the other hand, she might well feel that her child needs its dad no matter what, and I think it could be really interesting if they stayed together, and Cilla came back as the mother-in-law from hell.
The one option I'd definitely rule out, personally speaking, is Fiz getting back with Kirk. I just can't see that working again. Too much water under the bridge.
Whaatever happens, Jenni McAlpine is great as Fiz, and we mustn't lose her.
By the way - is it me or did anyone else catch John's line the other night, asking Fiz if Nick and Natasha were "swingers"? I THINK he was joking, but you never know with Stape!

6 comments:

Dilly Daydream said...

Why won't John last at the bookies? I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

I know he's done wrong but I really wish things could be resolved in such a way that we could keep John and Fiz together - I like them as a couple and I hope the baby is the making of John as a person.

Dilly Daydream said...

PS. And Fiz getting back with Kirk is definitely out, for me anyway.

Tvor said...

I think John could end up doing dodgey deals at the bookies if he gets into financial hot water. He'd justify it of course, as he does, no matter how illegal it gets. I'm always surprised that Sally and Kevin didn't take out some sort of restraining order to keep John away from Rosie and that would certainly have meant he couldn't be living in the same street across the road.

Sea Penguin said...

I just think he'll get bored at the bookies, and will end up doing something horrendous *again*! but I'd definitely hate to see him leave Corrie.

maggie muggins said...

I agree that it's too late for Fiz with Kirk. Nice that they're friends though. Since Stape has the bookie job, he's probably good for another breakdown story of some sort. I can't see him ever not doing something weird, but it could get old after a while. Can Fiz keep her fire for long with a man like him? I don't think she should stay just for the baby. Not unless we get a full-time therapist on The Street, and that's never gonna happen! I hope the Fishwick truth comes out one day.

Anonymous said...

If Fiz and Stape stay together who will ultimately look after the baby? I don't see Fiz staying home. I can picture John trying to do daddy duty and then all kinds of madness, mischief and inuendo following!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!