Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 13 August 2010

Is louche Lewis Archer the caddiest cad ever?

Is louche Lewis Archer the caddiest cad we've ever seen on Coronation Street? He's certainly the least observant, not having clocked the CCTV camera in the bookies prior to setting up his dodgy accumulator.

But that's a plot hole - and who knows - it might be resolved. Overall, I think Nigel Havers has done a wonderful turn as "Lewie". When you see him in the Rover's, leaning on the bar in his suave way, or sleazing it up with Deirdre, he fits right in. He's a fabulous cad, and I'll be very sorry to see the back of him. I'd like to see him get his just desserts before he finally heads off into the sunset though. And I'm not talking about a slice of baklava and some Ouzo. Peter's going to go bonkers when he finds out about the four grand. I wouldn't put it past him to follow Lewie to Alonissos and punch his flaming lights out. And not to condone violence or anything, but who could blame him? I'd also like to see Audrey and Deirdre come out of this with more than a little self respect.

7 comments:

abbyk said...

I'm not a fan of Len Windass, but I'll bet, for a fee, he could track this guy down and get everything sorted faster than Interpol. Poor Lewis might not be much to look at afterwards, but Audrey, Deirdre and Peter are more important. Tell Eddie when he should give the word.

Sea Penguin said...

Round about now'd be good, I'd say - head him off at the airport. Handy having an "uncle Len" sometimes.

Tvor said...

I'm not sure abotu cadiest, but he's right up there in the dress circle! I think He'd have some way to go to beat Mel Hutchright though he's certainly got more class.

David Cameroon said...

I really enjoyed the episodes yesterday and roared with laughter when all eyes were turned to silly Dierdre when the DVD was played. I am wondering if Lewis really did take Aud's money and she was just keeping up appearances otherwise what was the point? I still think this was a poor and not as rivetting copy of the Emmerdale story and what was the point of getting a great actress like Lysette Anthony just to say a few lines? I am disappointed in that. I thought Claudia the Lush was absolutely great and it would be good if she became a regular on off character in the Rovers. She would certainly increase Liz's profits, what happened to her hair by the way, that frizzy perm looked like she was back in 80s!!!!!!!

Billy Niblick said...

I rather think that casting Nigel Havers as a smoothiechops womanising con-man (does he ever play any other sort of character?) was something of a cliche itself.

Tvor said...

I enjoyed it all! and i do think that Lewis had a final change of heart, and didn't take all of Audrey's money.

Natalie said...

I agree, Lewis did have a heart and obviously cared a great deal for Audrey. Settling down was just not for him.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!