Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 4 October 2013

Fat Brenda's Cream Horn

Oh Stella, she’s so strong; so courageous; so caring; vulnerable; firm but fair; fights tooth and nail for her kids (except the one she abandoned for years - obviously); she’s a fighter; an inspiration…
What-flamin’-ever!

“Eee bah gum Ah’ve scrubbed that pub for all it’s worth and I still carn’t ererz the memory of Karl from me maarrnd!”
That’s cos you can’t scrub a conscience lovey! Going to Dev’s for advice? What a nerve! Who was it that told him not to take Sunita back?! Who was that, Stella?! YOU!! And then lo and flamin’ behold you jump back into bed with creepy Karl and expect everyone to be flamin’ happy about it after setting off a chain of events that left Sunita fried like an abandoned chicken McNugget in the bowels of yer boozer!

“Eee bah gum, Dev, Ah just don’t think ah can carry on!”

GOOD!

“Oh but Stella, you love this pub, it's yer life.”

Is it? You’ve been there just over two flamin’ years or summat! I’ve had haemorrhoids that have lasted as long as you have behind that bar and I don’t weep when they’ve bogged off either!
Anyhow, I’ve been to Weatherfield General and seen our Nick to check the accident hasn’t left him with yet another face and I showed him pictures of me favourite biscuits.

“Not yours”, he shouted, “mine!”

“No Nick, they’re Brenda’s custard creams,” Leanne said.

“Not yours”, he continued, “mine!”

Oh loveys I din’t know what to do so I just ran!
"Not yours! Mine!"
It’s all change at Underworld in’t it? Peter up to his neck in women’s knickers – no change there then – and Michelle left to return to the Rovers (see what I did there, loveys?).  Carla is gutted that Michelle's gone cos now they can’t practice their Shakespeare’s Sister tribute act in the office when everyone’s left!  Look at the Betamax video I've popped onto this into-net bloggy page below if you don't believe me; it's them fighting over poor Liam back in't day!
Ryan’s gone to Ibiza and I will really miss him… I will... he always gave me an extra slice of donner meat if I flashed me gusset at him. He must’ve liked it when I did that cos he used to scream! Not just a little scream but a really big frightened scream; probably scared of his feelings of lust towards me – an older more experienced lass!
One flash of me gusset!
Anyhow, Owen is gutted that a fella won’t pay him and Anna is really annoyed cos she would never do that would she loveys? She would never refuse to pay someone for work that had been done!
O M flamin’ G! Pot kettle flamin’ metal! JOE MCCINTYRE! REMEMBER HIM?! It was the Windass’s that started his journey to the gutter (or Gail’s bed – they’re one in the same) by not paying for the kitchen he fitted, but Anna seems to have forgotten all about her velour tracksuit days dun’t she loveys?
Memories!
I'm going now and continuing me hunt for Doctor Carter who mysteriously vanished after I showed him me fiery nethers. We never actually got to the bottom of it cos every time I tried to show him he passed out and woke up weeping; must be really hard fighting yer feelings for a patient cos of ethics an' that - he wanted me like that Ryan!
Remember loveys, Balaclava Terrace in't just a place, it's a state of mind!
Anyhow, thanks for the gossip! Follow me on Tweeter if you like... HERE!!
You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog
Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

12 comments:

Stephen said...

Utterly, utterly, utterly brilliant.

Fiery nethers.

Hardy, Dickens, Fat Brenda.

Fat Brenda said...

Archer, McNabb!

ChiaGwen said...

Spectacular! I'm still laughing at the fiery nethers and Dr. Carter...glad he's gone though and if that helped...thanks Fat Brenda.

Humpty Dumpty said...

Just in case some fans think I'm under the impression that Bren is a real blogger, I do realise it's just another character but .... She don't half speak for a lot of us when it comes to that Stella.

Chatty Kathy said...

Brenda, as always, you have made my day!

Canuktuk said...

Who but Fat Brenda would be able to nail Michelle and Carla in one simple video by Shakespeare's Sister?

Canuktuk said...

Who but Fat Brenda would be able to nail Michelle and Carla in one simple video by Shakespeare's Sister?

John McE said...

So Stella's owned the pub for two years? it seems far, far longer... and not in a good way!

Anonymous said...

Always good for a laugh.

maggie muggins said...

Thanks, Fat Bren! I think even the entire staff at Corrie would laugh at your blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Many times I have had the urge to comment in this blog, but this post put me over the top. Channeling Carla and Michelle in that video! And the velour jumpsuit of Anna's former character, with the caption "Memories" Brill!

NZ Coro Junkie said...

Carla and Michelle's Shakespeare Sister tribute. Sensational!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!