Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Confirmed - Andy Whyment joins I'm a Celebrity jungle

Andy Whyment, who plays Kirk in Coronation Street, has been confirmed as joining the I'm a Celebrity jungle reality show.

Andy said this to the Daily Star about his Corrie castmate Jennie McAlpine (who plays Fiz). Jennie was in the show, as was Sair Khan, who plays Alya.

Andy says: "Jen said it’s hard, the boredom more than anything but I can't see anything more boring than being on lockdown with no phone. At least when you’re in there you’ve got ten other people that you can have a chat with, find out about their lives and careers and stuff so I’m just looking forward ton finding out about their stories and their families and stuff."

He added: "I spoke to Sair... she lost a stone. I think she did two and a half weeks and lost a stone. I've got a bit of a gut I need to lose anyway."

Joking, he thinks ITV producers are working their way through the Corrie cast to find new campmates, Andrew said: "I think there’s still quite a few people who would like to do it but lucky enough I’m here this year. It’s generally someone from Corrie or Emmerdale. The last three years it’s been someone from Corrie so they’re going through the whole cast."

Despite Jen's warning about boredom, Andrew admits jumped at the chance to take part when they reached out in April this year.

"I said yeah straight away," he continued. "I told them I loved the show and would love to do it. It's just a bit weird being here now and I'm just chomping at the bit to get in there now. I'm really chilled me but I’ve never been really hungry and really tired. Well I have been really tired when we had the kids, with sleep deprivation. But I’ve never been hungry as well. So I think there's going to be a few people that are very hangry. But we’re all in the same situation so I'm sure we'll help each other get through it."
__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!