Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 18 November 2019

Beverley Callard leaving Coronation Street


Beverley Callard, who plays Liz McDonald, is leaving Coronation Street. Her story will appear in this week's OK magazine and she was on ITV's Loose Women today talking about her decision to leave.

Bev tells OK magazine: "There’s very little work in our industry for women over 50, but I’m 62 and recently I was doing three jobs at once," she tells OK! referring to her soap role, a stint in The Rocky Horror Show and her standout performance as Roxanne in The Thunder Girls. "It made me realise how I was privileged to have the opportunity to do so when so many women my age no longer get the chance."

Exclaiming, "I’m sick of ageism in the industry", she goes on to tell OK! magazine: "Although I’ve had to leave the safety net of being in Coronation Street to do this, I’m hoping that ageist bosses, of which there are many, take note of how successful this show is and it starts the ball rolling on helping other women my age, get the roles they still deserve."
__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hasn’t she ‘left’ a few times?

Rebecca said...

Aw, hope she comes back!

Anonymous said...

There isn't much more for her character, Liz and Steve are a good double act but Tracey and Amy are better with Steve. Good luck to Beverly Callard, she's good at her job.

Martin S. said...

Liz has left 5 times previously, in 1998, 2001, 2004 and 2011. There was even a "Farewell Liz" special on 20 April, 2011. Will there be another one?

Anonymous said...

I know she has left a few times and returned .And she better return again in the future ! Lol, I just love her, and Liz has been one of my favorite characters for a long time . I wish her the very best in her future always .....And hope she comes back again later .

Lost corrie fan said...

I'll miss her. Always a good dose of realism. I likeher a lot!!

Catsmom said...

I love Bev but when is she leaving? I'm just a bit bored at seeing her picture every time I go to the leaving/returning page.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!