Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 26 June 2016

Corrie Weekly Awards June 20 - 24

Musical ambiance: Or irony, perhaps. You Sexy Thing playing in the corner shop while Dev is taking admiring selfies. Also "I Bet By With a Little Help from my Friends" while Nick sits alone, feeling betrayed by everyone.

Pot stirring award: Yasmeen for encouraging Tim to have a party when she knew Sally's council friends were coming over.

Powerhouse award: All week, with Billy, Lee, Todd and poor broken Sarah, made my heart ache. Really stupendous performances and writing this week!

Twilight Zone moment: Not only was it a surprise to see Ken Barlow chugging beer in the back garden with the lads, he was chugging it right out of the bottle.

Second childhood award: Norris has soldiers with his boiled egg!

Tea Leaf award: Phelan agreed with Jason they wouldn't charge Sarah for changing the locks. And paid for the beer with some of the 200 pounds she gave him.

Tedium award: Back and forth between Michelle and Steve. I am bored stiff, but then I never did buy into them as a couple.

Pants on Fire award: Leanne lied to Nick that she was working at the Bistro again. WHY do they insist on lying, all of them!!!

Play by Play commentating: Kirk and Norris in a cut throat game of drafts (checkers)

Lines of the Week:
Tim "You should see our new shed, Yasmeen" Yasmeen "The anticipation is almost killing me. Almost."
Sally "It sounds like I'm really showing off. I'm not really" (yes, yes you are) Yasmeen "Showing off would imply I was impressed. I'm not, dear."
Maria "Caz isn't aggressive, is she? She's soft as marg" (frozen marg, maybe)
Cathy about a new hair style "I don't want to look too jazzy" (you're a redhead, luv, you're already half way there!)
Robert "I have many skills, but being constantly warm and welcoming isn't one of them" (So *that's* what you had in common with Tracy!)
Norris "Eyes like a spirit level, me" Rita "tongue like a rasp"
Gemma to Alex "There's nowt wrong with using what God give ya to yer advantage"
Rita to Norris "If you can't stand the heat, don't light the gas ring"
Kirk "We're discussing our dirty laundry in public" (quite literally)


NEW!
The Little Book of Carla Connor
A Decade in the Life of a Soap Queen

An unofficial Coronation Street companion book

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

5 comments:

Louby said...

Thankfully it seems that Michelle is taking a break for a while - make it a long one please!! What would keep her in the street if they split up? I suppose Jonny and her cousins, and Maria and the seldom seen Liam junior. I really wouldn't miss her if she went, no offence to Kym as she has had to just deliver the dreadful plots written for her.

Anonymous said...

Also, musical Ambiance award 2. "Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies" by Fleetwood Mac when I think it was Maria talking to Michelle in the Rovers. Apologies if I got the characters wrong, but I was to too busy listening to the music

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something award. How could Sarah hire Phelan to change the locks when she doesn't own the house?
I don't think Gemma could be a good influence on Alex as I didn't like her implying he use his handicap to manipulate his aunt and take advantage of Roy.I have a feeling there's more trouble ahead.

Cobblestone said...

She's not. They reconcile next week at Liz' insistence.

Anonymous said...

Alex already does use his handicap to manipulate his aunt and take advantage of Roy. I don't think Gemma is giving him any ideas he doesn't have.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!