Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 11 June 2016

Sue Nicholls: "Why my Corrie family means so much"

I've just returned from a lovely week-long family holiday in the countryside and this morning we had to schlep around the supermarkets to refill our cupboards.  While in the shop, the latest edition of Yours magazine caught my eye and it ended up in the trolley and now it's on my knee!

Sue Nicholls, who plays Audrey Roberts in Coronation Street, is interviewed in the magazine and it's a really nice read.

She talks of how fond she is of her "Corrie family" and after 37 years on the show you can imagine how close she must feel to all of them.  She says that Ben Price (Nick) and Jack P Shepherd (David) "can be very naughty sometimes and some days make me laugh so much. I was literally so exhausted from all the laughing the other day I had to sit down and a have a rest on Gails sofa!"

She also talks about actor Derek Griffiths, who plays Freddie. Sue and Derek are very good friends off-screen and have been friends for over 40 years. She says: "It's great to be working with an old mate - it's probably one of the reasons I find it so easy to be bossy to him on screen!".

At 72 years old, Sue reveals that some days are a challenge on the show. "Some early mornings I stagger in and wonder what on earth I'm doing. But once I'm there I just get on with it and do the best I can."

Sue is married to actor Mark Eden, who played Jenny Bradley's dad Alan in Coronation Street.  Sue says she tells Mark "he wouldn't be able to cope with the pace today. I'm not being insulting, it's just it's a whole different ball game nowadays."

It's a lovely interview and well worth spending £1.55 on the magazine to read it all.

NEW!
The Little Book of Carla Connor
A Decade in the Life of a Soap Queen

An unofficial Coronation Street companion book

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still remember Sue Nicholls in Crossroads (Marilyn Gates)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!