Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Johnny Connor to stay on Coronation Street for another year

Richard Hawley, who plays Johnny Connor in Coronation Street, will be staying on the cobbles for another 12 months.

The Twitter account which is run in support of Richard Hawley today announced that Richard has signed a new contract to stay on Corrie for another year.

It's good news for this fan. I like Johnny Connor a lot and think he adds a great deal to the show in terms of acting chops and character gravitas too.

NEW!
The Little Book of Carla Connor
A Decade in the Life of a Soap Queen

An unofficial Coronation Street companion book

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

13 comments:

Flo said...

I think that with the characters that have left and are about to leave, they need to stop adding anyone for a little bit (or a long bit!) and flesh out some of these existing characters like Johnny. Too much jumping around and loose ends! Glad to hear he is staying another year.

abbyk said...

Johnny is my favorite "new" Connor. He has depth, believability, and connects with those outside his immediate circle. It's a shame Richard Hawley hasn't been nominated in any of the award show best newcomer categories. If he's never been on a soap, wouldn't he still be a soap newcomer in spite of his years of experience? Anyway, glad he's sticking around.

Anonymous said...

Good news!

Dime said...

I'm a fan. Richard is a great actor with terrific range. I think he's going to be around for a while.

MartesBC said...

This is great news, I really enjoy this actor. I hope his character Johnny is instrumental in bringing Phelan down. Yesssssss.

John McE said...

Did you know Richard has been in Downton Abbey? I spotted him while watching an episode a few days ago. When Anna goes to speak to his commanding officer, in her quest to prove her husband's innocence, he is played by Richard Hawley.

Tvor said...

I am happy about this! Really like Johnny and waiting for he and Jenny to get together!

C in Canada said...

Yay! I like Johnny, glad he's sticking around. He's a well rounded character with lots of flaws and lots of redeeming characteristics.
The way he's treated Izzy and Jenny has been very compassionate.

Anonymous said...

I think Johnny works better with Liz than with Jenny.

70sStreetFan said...

He's not a favourite character,but he's the only one of the Connor clan who's tolerable.

coconno196 said...

I can see him with Liz too, though I get fed up of all the pairing off. A fair number of middle-aged folk are single, some even happily so! As MartesBC said, it would be brilliant if Johnny brought down Phelan, and soon. He's so creepy I can barely watch.

C in Canada said...

I also was surprised at the pairing up with Jenny instead of Liz, I thought for sure they'd go that route.
Somehow I don't think he'll be the one to bring Phelan down though, I think that's going to be Todd.

MartesBC said...

Hi C, I think it's going to be a great group effort by a few main characters.... Then beers all round at Tim's shed...er, em Sally's summer house...

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!