Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Ramondo in America

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.

Who are you and where are you from?
Hi, my name is Ramondo R. Gee.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I don't watch "soaps" as a rule. However, I started watching Coronation Street when I was a sophomore at University (WSU) in Detroit, Michigan, USA, in 1973 & I've pretty much been hooked ever since.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why? 
I've had so many favourite characters over the years, but I think Alec Gilroy and Bet, former proprietors of the Rovers Return were a pair of my favourites."Ms. Pretentious" Bet I loved! Let's face it, there's no way you could be a Corrie fan and not have loved Jack and Vera.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
One of my favourite story lines was that whole issue of Don chasing Alma and the cab ending up in the drink as it were. Also Ivy's whole issue/concern with her former daughter-in-law, Gail, taking up with that youngster, Martin Platt. One of my saddest, was the death of Alf, Audrey's husband, at Gail's house

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share? 
I've never been fortunate to meet any Corrie actors. However, one year, a member of my staff was going home (Scotland) to visit her mum, who was/is a Corrie fan. My staff member brought me back a Corrie refrigerator magnet, which I still have to this day. Over the years I have turned my youngest daughter's mum and also my current wife onto Coronation Street and neither will allow anything to interfere with their "Corrie" viewing! 

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!