It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.
Who are you and where are you from?
Hi, my name is Ramondo R. Gee.
How long have you been watching Corrie?
I don't watch "soaps" as a rule. However, I started watching Coronation Street when I was a sophomore at University (WSU) in Detroit, Michigan, USA, in 1973 & I've pretty much been hooked ever since.
Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
I've had so many favourite characters over the years, but I think Alec Gilroy and Bet, former proprietors of the Rovers Return were a pair of my favourites."Ms. Pretentious" Bet I loved! Let's face it, there's no way you could be a Corrie fan and not have loved Jack and Vera.
What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
One of my favourite story lines was that whole issue of Don chasing Alma and the cab ending up in the drink as it were. Also Ivy's whole issue/concern with her former daughter-in-law, Gail, taking up with that youngster, Martin Platt. One of my saddest, was the death of Alf, Audrey's husband, at Gail's house
Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
I've never been fortunate to meet any Corrie actors. However, one year, a member of my staff was going home (Scotland) to visit her mum, who was/is a Corrie fan. My staff member brought me back a Corrie refrigerator magnet, which I still have to this day. Over the years I have turned my youngest daughter's mum and also my current wife onto Coronation Street and neither will allow anything to interfere with their "Corrie" viewing!
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
Tuesday 22nd September 2026 TIM AND SALLY WONDER IF THEY’VE TAKEN ON TOO MUCH Sally looks at Lucy’s art project and is concerned to see a pi...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Roy's teacups now have cameras in the bottom of them for Bernie and Christina to peer into to read their futures in the tea-leaves. Go...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...