Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 2 August 2010

Corrie Characters - Who do you love to hate?



Our blogger Seapenguin and I seemed to be on the same wavelength this weekend. I had written a post about characters I loved to hate, or just plain hated and also included ones I loved or just liked and Seapenguin was musing on favourite landladies, and characters liked and disliked. So with that in mind, I've un-drafted my thoughts and posted them over here. The initial gist of it is characters I love to hate, or dislike anyway. Characters that aren't supposed to be liked but you like them because they're such good characters played by really great actors. Check it out!

2 comments:

John M said...

I think probably the first that comes to mind is David although his 'evil' ways seem to be in the past now (shame!). I can't really think of anyone else at the moment. Maybe Gary Windass when he first appeared. The thing with characters which are not liked initially is that the writers normally 'soften' the character over time as they have done with Gazza.

Sea Penguin said...

Yes, I used to loathe David as well, and now he's one of may favourites. The Windasses started off as dreadful, but have been softened up - I hope not TOO much though. I'm really liking the new Owen character - thought he'd be awful after the way he treated Izzy at first, but he's developed a twinkle and I'm liking his "rough charm"!! (I'm at a funny age though)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!