Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Curly's return to Coronation Street "will probably happen"

Kevin Kennedy, who is preparing to bring back Curly Watts to Coronation Street in the big musical world premiere celebrating the show, Street of Dreams says he hopes it may pave the way to a full-time Corrie return in the future.

Kevin told the Manchester Evening News: “It's no secret that I would love to come back to the Street, and it will probably happen at some point.  I'm lucky that fans seem to really like the character. But I'm just happy for now to be involved in this world premiere and bringing Curly back to Manchester.”

While many of us love Kevin as Curly, in recent years he has carved out a hugely successful musical career on London's West End stage, currently starring in Queen musical We Will Rock You.

He says: “It's all come full circle really for me.  I never thought I'd find myself as a musical theatre boy, it was never really my bag.  I never thought I'd be in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Chicago and now We Will Rock You, it just never crossed my mind in the past as I was always more of a comedy actor.  But I have to say I thoroughly enjoy the musicals.”

We Will Rock You have released Kevin especially to take part in the premiere of Street of Dreams, and he says audiences are in for a treat.  “It's big, it's spectacular, that's why it's got to be in an Arena setting.  It's just a beautiful piece of work and very complimentary to what Coronation Street is all about. They couldn't have had the world premiere anywhere else but Manchester, could they?  And I think a Manchester audience takes things really to their hearts.”

And while in real-life Kevin has had corrective laser eye surgery, he's happy to once again don Curly's trademark specs for the role.

Join the Bring Back Curly to Coronation Street facebook group.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

4 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

Oh look another blog about Kevin Kennedy returning to the street, exactly after what we said about numerous blogs about the same character, nice to know you listen!!

Glenda Young said...

Frosty, we like Kevin Kennedy and Curly and I make no apologies for blogging about him again.

Anonymous said...

Frosty, you dont own the place so stop acting like your opinion only matters. And I like Kevin and Curly Watts, and people have a right to blog as much as they want. Stop whining, and simply dont read about Curly or comment if you dont like him.

I hope Curly does return, they brought Dennis back so why not. As long as they give him something to do, I am all for it.

speedy said...

Never liked Curly, we really dont need him back, hopefully he stays away.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!