Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 2 September 2018

Katherine Kelly presents new TV show Murdertown


Katherine Kelly, who played Becky McDonald in Coronation Street, will be fronting a new 10-part TV show called Murdertown. It starts on Crime & Investigation on Monday 3rd September at 9pm and looks at real-life murder cases across the UK.

In an interview with What's on TV, Katherine says that she still keeps in touch with some of her Corrie cast mates.

She says: "After working together for five years you become really close. I’m currently filming ITV drama Cheat playing a university lecturer. Simon Gregson left me a message the other day saying ‘I’m just phoning to make sure that you’ve not got posh!’”

And when asked why she's made the move from drama to documentary, she says: "At first when I was asked to do Murdertown I thought they’d got the wrong person! Once I spoke to the producers they explained that they wanted a storyteller as opposed to a presenter. Narration is something I’m used to but, instead of this being pure voiceover, I’m on screen as well. I’m myself, in the car, driving, but it definitely doesn’t feel like a presenting role.”

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!   

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!