Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Corrie fans vote Blanche as favourite gossip

Coronation Street Blog readers have voted Blanche Hunt as their favourite Corrie gossip - trumping Hilda Ogden into second place! 248 voted and 79 (31.85%) voted for Blanche while 66 (26.61%) voted for Hilda, the gossip queen of the cobbles for 23 years.
 
In third place came Norris Cole with 63 votes (25.4%) with Ena Sharples in fourth place with 11 votes (4.44%). Vera Duckworth was close behind with 10 votes (4.03%) and came fifth. Percy Sugden was in sixth position with 5 votes (2.02%), Betty Williams received 4 votes (1.61%) and Audrey Roberts and Mary Taylor both received 3 votes (1.21%), making them eighth. Sylvia Goodwin received 2 votes (0.81%) while Martha Longhurst and Sean Tully received 1 vote (0.4%).
 
Sadly, nobody voted for Ivy Tilsley.
 
Shocked with the results? I did think that Hilda would triumph but yet again this week's poll surprises me. What would Hilda say eh?
 
And if you haven't yet, vote for your favourite Kabin double act here.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be so hated when I say this but I could not stand the character Blanche. This has nothing to do with the actress herself but Blanche was a horrible cruel person. There I said it................lol I wonder if anyone else agrees with me.

zz said...

I don't think so Anon! Blanche is definitely in my top 5 favourite characters.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, that makes two of us.

Shan said...

I used to think she was just a cruel woman, then she said to Blanche "good looks are a curse. You and Kenneth should count yourselves lucky." I looked forward to her onscreen after that.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!