Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Anne Kirkbride on being different to Deirdre

Anne Kirkbride, who plays Coronation Street's Deirdre Barlow, tells this week's 20th birthday special Inside Soap magazine, that she doesn't answer when anyone shouts out "Deirdre!" in the Street.  Wise woman!

She was asked: "What do you think when you go to the shops and see yourself in magazines?" and replied: "To be honest, I differentiate between me and Deirdre, so if it's a Deirdre front cover, it just wouldn't be something I'd worry about."

And then she was asked how she feels about meeting Corrie viewers when she's out shopping. "Everyone is really lovely when I'm out and about - but I only answer to people if they call me Annie. If they've gone to the trouble of knowing my real name, then I really appreciate that. If people just yell 'Deirdre' though, I don't turn around."

Sounds like a sorted kind of woman. You can follow her on twitter @annekirkbride - but just don't call her Deirdre.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

Yeah but "Dierdre" has kept this actress in consisten work and a very nice lifestyle for over 30 years.

Nathan Johnson said...

Good point Frosty, tired of actors always whining about being called their character names. If it wasn't for that character, or the viewers liking them, they wouldn't get that far.

Dilly Daydream said...

Have to agree with above two comments - Anne's comments have put me off her a bit.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!