Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 28 June 2012

Snoop Dogg and Cheryl Cole on Corrie? We say No, No, No

Take a celebrity desperate for attention, give them the name of the world's longest running soap opera and get them to name drop it as often as possible into every interview they do. The tabloids pick the interview up, the story does the rounds on t'internet and this fan's heart drops to the floor once again.

It isn't the first time Snoop Dogg has been mentioned wanting a role in Coronation Street. 


And now he tells The Daily Star he's heard Cheryl Cole talking about wanting to join Corrie and says he wants to appear on Corrie with Cheryl as his wife.

The rapper is an ex-pimp, and he also has a string of criminal convictions and has been tried for murder, tells today's Star: “People always think I’m playing when I talk about Coronation Street, but I swear it’s my favourite show on TV. They got everything – sex, murder, transsexuals. There ain’t no other show that can touch it. If the producers write a cool storyline for me and Cheryl I guarantee I will clear my schedule and come do a two-week shoot. The writers are sick on Corrie. I want to see me and Cheryl arrive on the Street as a couple from overseas. Within the first week I would expect Ken Barlow to have seduced Cheryl because you know that dog don’t let his age stop his skills with the women. Then a broken-hearted Snoop falls into the arms of a broken-hearted Deirdre.”

Please, no, never let it happen. And if by some freak of nature it should and we're told by Phil Collinson that this hapless hopeless gruseome twosome will be "the new Jack and Vera" then I'm giving up and turning over to 'Stenders.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

12 comments:

simonejenifer said...

I can't imagine him saying "Fo shizzle" in a Manchester accent.

Anonymous said...

The very idea of it makes me cringe!! Hopefully Phil Collinson has more sense. Just because someone *asks* to go on doesn't necessarily mean that they will - or is that wishful thinking on my part? Good write-up as always anyway.

Anonymous said...

Lmao. This would be epic.

Rachel said...

I'm trying to think who the last cameo was...I'm struggling, but then it occurred to me how many of the current cast were well-known before they joined the show.

(If anyone can refresh my mind, I'd be very grateful!)

Maybe Phil Collinson doesn't want Snoop Dogg on the show; maybe the staff haven't or don't want to write a character for him; maybe there hasn't been a feasible storyline that they haven't been able to incorporate him into the show for.

Someone should tell Snoop Dogg that you don't always get what you ask for, regardless of how famous you end up being!

Humpty Dumpty said...

Surely the guy is just having a laugh. He's got to be if he's contemplating wife swapping with Ken and Deirdre. I assume he'd be too busy to clear his schedule for a couple of weeks - or perhaps business has dried up. Still, it makes good copy and any publicity etc....

Anonymous said...

I think Snoop and Deirdre will be new Jack and Vera!! They would play the part perfectly!

Danny-K said...

Cheryl Cole's screen test:

As the title credits roll the camera pans to Cheryl tottering along in impossibly high heels for her in-house test screening, with Phil Collinson alongside as her guide. . . .

Phil Collinson:
Now Cheryl, first let me show you the sights of Coronation stree... -

"- Eeeh man, never mind, ahm ganin te the booza".

Why do you want to see the Rovers first?

"Kas ahm gagging for a Newcastle Broon. Haway pet! Ahm just pulling yer chyen. A've allways wanted te be on Corrie. Ya knaa what ah mean leik?"

Alright then, let's go in and meet the most well loved character ever to appear in Corrie's history, as proven by impeccable research of the highest order - Stella!!!

Stella? Why aye, she's a canny lass allreet.

You like her?

Why aye man!

Good god! When can you start?

"Ahm ready noo pet. But what aboot me accent?"

Stella had no problem. She'll guide you with some elocution lessons. I can't see any problems, can you?

"Nah ah cannit see any seerious ones. Aye, that'll be just beltin. See pet - beltin'?
Bel-tin! Ahm picking up the Corrie lingo noo".


- Yes, just like a local.

Tvor said...

I'm so sick and tired of hearing snoop whasis with relation to Corrie. Really and truly.

Anonymous said...

I think he's got a quirky sense of humour and I'm willing to bet he's actually a fan of Corrie. I can respect that. However, Canada won't let him into the country because of his criminal convictions and I suggest that the UK follow suit... just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

"The writers are sick on Corrie."

How I do agree.
But I rather think he and I mean different things by it.

Martin Rosen said...

I cannot for one moment think that anybody involved with the casting of Corrie would seriously consider this guy. He is good at making publicity for himself.

I have no idea if he is popular in the 'music world'.

Over the years, many people have mentioned that they would like a guest role in The Street (maybe someone should compile a list!). However this guy is certainly the most persistent and annoying.

Kylie O'Reilly said...

Danny Ks' post was hilarious and actually believable haha

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!