Saturday, 17 October 2015

Corrie weekly update - Tinky Winky and a violin

Corrie weekly updates from 1995 - 20 years in 20 e-books
All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield, none of the waffle

Available from
amazon.co.uk or amazon.com


Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street
- 2015 official ITV book
Published this Thursday, October 22, 2015



It’s been a short week on the cobbles this week with only three episodes, due to football being shown.  And in those three episodes we’ve seen, I don’t feel there’s much in the way of storyline progression as Corrie seems to be stuck in the u-bend under Gail’s garage floor.

Speaking of which, Jason, Tony and Gary finish the work in the garage that will become Gail’s new bedroom, chez Platt.  Sarah’s beside herself with fear at being caught by the cops and is on the verge of a nervous breakdown every time she’s on screen.  Billy the vicar knows summat’s up with Sarah and gets her to confide in him under his vicar of truth oath, or whatever it is. She tells him so much, but not all of what’s happened and pretends that Callum was beating her up and that’s why she’s upset. “Sometimes,” Billy the vicar tells her, “the world is better off without certain people.”  Sarah’s mind is put at rest, her tiny mind takes this to mean it’s ok that Callum’s been bashed to death on her kitchen floor and is now decomposing in a hole under the floor.  With her mind at ease, she resists the temptation to skip home and dance a lambada on the manhole.

There’s much malarkey at the factory when Jonny and Kate decide they want some of the knicker action. Jonny takes over cooking the books and sends Kate to learn the ropes from the bottom up in packing with Kirk. Beth’s not happy that Kate is working so closely to her Kirkeh and gives her what-for on the factory floor.  Kate puts Beth’s mind at ease later in the Rovers and tells her she doesn’t fancy her Kirk, she doesn’t fancy any bloke, she’s gay.


Mary had a bit of a starring role in one of the episodes this week as she flitted from hither (the cafĂ©) to thither (the Kabin) in her two jobs on the Street.  I liked Mary when she first joined Corrie, she was different, she was odd. Then she kidnapped Norris and went a bit mad and I’ve never liked her since. She's vindictive, spiteful and nasty. No amount of funny one-liners will redeem her to this fan I’m afraid. 

Hope has her operation in hospital this week and Tyrone muses whether a Telly Tubby would cheer her up. “Oh no,” says Fiz. “The last thing you want is a seven foot Tinky Winky looking down on yer when yer not feeling well.”   There’s an 80% chance that Hope will survive. But Fiz, as she does, as any mother would, focuses on the 20% chance that little Hope could die.  

Over at the Barlow’s Ken buys a violin for Amy to learn. She murders it, of course. It sounds like the a noise that a captive whale with the measles living in a cheap and nasty sea-land attraction in a broken down seaside town might make.

And that’s just about that for this week.


Remember, you can sign up to get these Corrie weekly updates by email at http://www.corrie.net/updates/weekly/subscribe.htm


This week’s writers were Damon Rochefort (Wednesday); Chris Fewtrell and Susan Oudot (Friday double). Find out all about the Coronation Street writing team at http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html


Glenda Young

--
Blogging away merrily at http://flamingnora.blogspot.com
Website: glendayoungbooks.com

 

Download our free App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook | Visit Corrie.net


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Telly-tubbies are scary at the best of times!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Top 10 Blog Posts in last 7 days (automatically updated)

Click on a name to find out more about your Corrie favourites!

adam barlow aidan connor alan halsall alex bain alexander bain alison king alison sinclair all about soap awards alma baldwin amy barlow amy kelly andrea beckett andy whyment anna windass antony cotton audrey roberts awards baby Oliver barbara knox barlows battleaxes becky mcdonald behind the scenes ben price ben tagoe bet gilroy bet lynch beth tinker bethany platt betty driver betty turpin betty williams betty's hotpot bev callard beverley callard bill roache billy mayhew billy the vicar blanche hunt brian packham brooke vincent bruno langley can i visit the coronation street set Canada canadian coronation street fans carla connor Cath Tyldesley catherine tyldesley cathy matthews celebrities on coronation street characters joining coronation street characters leaving coronation street cherylee houston chesney brown chris gascoyne chris harper claire king classic corrie clothes worn on coronation street colson smith competition connor mcintyre conversation street coronation street coronation street art coronation street babies Coronation Street Blog - the book coronation street cartoons coronation street fan events coronation street fan of the week coronation street fans coronation street funerals coronation street history coronation street in canada coronation street look-a-like coronation street map coronation street men coronation street merchandise coronation street news coronation street preview coronation street spoilers coronation street weekly update coronation street weekly updates coronation street writers craig tinker damon alexis-rochefort damon rochefort daniel brocklebank daran little david neilson david platt debbie oates debbie rush debbie webster deirdre barlow deirdre hunt denise osbourne derek griffiths dev alahan eileen derbyshire eileen grimshaw Elle Mulvaney ellie leach ellie-louise leach elsie tanner emily bishop emily nugent ena sharples erica stewart exclusive interview exercise dvds famous people who have been in corrie fat brenda favourite females favourite males faye windass feckless fellas in coronation street filming locations filming mistakes fiz brown fiz stape florizel street flying ducks gail rodwell gary windass gary's army diaries gay and lesbians gay men in coronation street gay men in soaps gay women in soaps granada manchester coronation street set granada studios gurn of the week helen flanagan helen worth hilda ogden hilda ogden's curlers Hope Stape hot pot how to contact coronation street inside soap inside soap magazine izzy armstrong jack p shepherd Jack P. Shepherd jane danson jean alexander jennie mcalpine jigsaw jimmi harkishin job vacancies at coronation street joe duttine johnny connor jonathan harvey julie goodyear julie hesmondhalgh kabin kate fitzgerald kate ford katherine kelly kathy jones katie mcglynn ken barlow kev webster kevin webster kieran roberts kirk sutherland kylie platt kylie turner kym marsh leanne barlow leanne battersby leanne tilsley liam bairstow lily platt lisa george liz mcdonald lloyd mullaney Lucy Fallon luke britton maggie jones malcolm hebden manchester tart marc baylis maria connor mark llewellin martin sterling mary taylor matriachs maxine's bench michael le vell michelle connor mikey north mikey north miley windass minnie caldwell mothers on the cobbles music in the rovers nathan curtis new set new zealand newton and ridley nick tilsley nick's bistro nigel pivaro no.1 Coronation Street no.11 coronation street no.13 coronation street no.3 coronation street no.5 coronation street no.6 coronation street no.7 coronation street no.9 coronation street norris cole norris cole's brother nuttalls brewery odd side of the street official coronation street website oldham coliseum oliver battersby on location opening titles original cast our blog is the best blog in the world outside broadcast paper boys paper girls pat phelan pat phoenix patti claire patti clare paula lane peter barlow peter gunn pets on coronation street pictures of the coronation street set pigeons pillars of the community platt family plot holes props qasim akhtar quay street returning characters rita fairclough rita littlewood rita sullivan rita tanner road to coronation street rob donovan rob mallard romanian holiday rosamund street rosie webster rovers bosses rovers fire rovers return rovers return barmaids rovers return fire rovers return landlady roy and hayley roy cropper roy's rolls roys rolls ryan thomas sair khan sally webster sally and tim sally dynevor sally dyvenor Sally Metcalfe sally webster sally whittaker sam aston samia ghadie samia longchambon sarah platt Sarah-Louise Platt schmeichel sean tully shayne ward shelley king simon barlow simon crowther simon gregson sinead tinker six episodes per week sophie webster special effects speculation spin-off spoilers state of the street steve mcdonald storyline speculation storylines streetcars sue cleaver sue johnston sue nicholls susan barlow susan oudot sylvia cropper sylvia goodwin terry duckworth the corrie years the kabin the Nazirs the newspaper boy the road to coronation street through the years tim metcalfe tina o'bren tina o'brien Tina O’Brien tiricia hopkins todd grimshaw tony warren Tony Warren inspiration tours of coronation street toyah battersby tracy barlow trafford set tram crash tricia hopkins tyrone dobbs underworld underworld sign unofficial book unofficial merchandise unseen characters viaduct street victoria court fire vip bloggers walking tours watch coronation street online weatherfield weatherfield arms weatherfield council weatherfield county weatherfield county football club weatherfield fire station weatherfield gazette weatherfield haulage Weatherfield high Weatherfield Open Days weatherfield style weatherfield wayfarer websters' autos wedding wedding dress weddings weekly awards weekly update where have you seen william roache William Roache Interview window cleaners writers for soaps Yasmeen nazir zeedan nazir