Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 13 October 2015

You're the new Corrie producer - who would you keep and cull?

Each time there's a change of producer at the top of Coronation Street, the tabloids always go a little mad saying that cast fear for their jobs.  There's a story in today's papers saying much the same thing.

Well, it's got me thinking.  If YOU were the incoming Coronation Street producer, which one character would you absolutely keep - and which one character would you get rid of?


My choice of one character to keep is a difficult choice. Well, my absolute favourite character is Rita - always has been and always will be - but I'm also very, very fond of Roy. I would hope that any incoming producer would be keeping Rita anyway... so I'd say I'd like to keep Roy.

And my choice of one character to cull is difficult to decide on too as there are about half a dozen I could cheerfully wave goodbye to. But as we're limiting this to just one character, it concentrates the mind! So if I were the new producer I would get rid of Sharif Nazir.  For this fan, I don't think Sharif adds much, if anything, to my enjoyment of the show.

So there's my choice of one character to keep and one to cull. Which ones would be yours?

Download our free App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook | Visit Corrie.net


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

36 comments:

John McE said...

Keep Eva, and ditch Dev (shame we are limited to just one!)

Tvor said...

I think I'd definitely keep Sally (though yes, Roy but I'll choose Sally just so we have some variety!)
To cull, I think my choice would be Maria. They've done nothing with her for ages which is a shame but since she really hasn't added to the show for some time, I'd remove her from the mix.

Anonymous said...

Keep: Audrey
Ditch: Dev

Anonymous said...

Keep Sally, lose Dev.

corriefan said...

Keep Steve
Ditch Dev

Anonymous said...

Keep Kylie.
Ditch Anna.

Rapunzel said...

Keep Eva (but give her more Than sad repeat stories like getting a job at factory and going out with new male boss)
Lose Dev (reached end of the line with interesting storylines)

Anonymous said...

Cull complete Connor cast 'cept Carla. (That's not one, I know).

Humpty Dumpty said...

keep sally, lose tracy

bbhilda said...

Keep Steve, lose Michelle

Zagg said...

Now that the baby story is over, I say get rid of Anna, Gary, and Izzy. Faye could go live with Tim and Sally.

Llifon said...

Keep: Sally (all the seniors)
Ditch: Sophie (and Izzy)

Anonymous said...

Keep Audrey
Ditch the rest of the Platts.Then maybe other characters can get a chance.

little miss red said...

keep Eva the seniors n Roy will be safe
ditch Anna since the turn of the year she has been unbearable

Gracie said...

Keep: Leanne
Ditch: Sophie

Anonymous said...

Keep Audrey
Ditch Dev

Fortunately I am not the new producer, as many actors on this show would lose their jobs by the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

Keep: Steph (I absolutely love her and bringing her on the show was genius)
Cull: Maria (Nothing is being done with her and she seems to be very much a one note character)

Anonymous said...

Keep: Roy
Ditch: Bethany, Izzy, Alya, Sophie, Simon
Consider for round 2 of culling: Anna, Gary, Sean

Anonymous said...

Keep Audrey and get rid of Maria and Dev

vintgal003 said...

KEEP - Liz (I think we are all agreed Our Roy is staying, right )

LOSE - Izzy

njblas said...

Keep Craig
Bye Tracy:)

Anonymous said...

Keep: Leanne
Ditch: Carla

Cobblestone said...

Keep Audrey; ditch Dev.

Beth said...

Keep Audrey
Ditch Sophie

Anonymous said...

Keep Sarah
Ditch Tracey

Dolly Tubb said...

Assuming Roy is not even up for discussion :)
Keep: Tim
Cull: Norris - a nasty, spiteful character, he's become just like a male version of Tracy with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Clinkers (David) said...

Keep: Sally
Ditch: Dev . . . forever

Anonymous said...

keeр Callum (underground ;))
cull the gym

John McE said...

And Dev wins by a country mile. Result!

Stephen said...

Poor Dev! I like him, so I'd keep him and dump the godawful little snot, Bethany.

Anonymous said...

Half the writers for coming up with such ridiculous monotonous repetitive ripped-off storylines for the past how long now?

Wim said...

Keep: David Platt - he's the perfect soap character.
Ditch: Kevin Webster - never been a fan.

Anonymous said...

Keep: Dev
Ditch: Fiz

Anonymous said...

Keep: Audrey
Ditch: SEAN!!!!

Unknown said...

Keep: Rita
Ditch: Maria

Anonymous said...

Ditch: Gail
Keep: Billy

Gail has become a complete idiot I cannot stand her character!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!