Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 4 July 2015

Alison King on Corrie break: "I definitely want to come back"

Good news for fans of Alison King as Carla Connor on Coronation Street. 

Earlier this year, Alison King announced that she will be taking a break from her role as Carla on Corrie.  The official statement at the time read:

"Alison King has indicated to producers that she would like to take a sabbatical from the show for creative reasons at some point in 2016. She wishes to try her hand at other projects before returning to the part of Carla Connor, a role she has enjoyed playing for nine years."

In this week's TV Times there's an interview with Alison King who talks about Carla's upcoming gambling storyline. She also mentions her break from Coronation Street and says this:


"I haven't even started thinking about leaving yet - it's still a whole year away and that's a long time in this job.  I only intend to take a break - I definitely want to come back."

Speaking about Carla's upcoming gambling storyline, Alison reveals that Carla's gambling turns into an addiction.

Carla resorts to using someone else's credit card and gets Sally to cancel meetings at Underworld so that she can go online to gamble instead. 

She's in total denial about her problem and gets angry if anyone suggests she's got a problem. 

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

I loom forward to her return.

Anonymous said...

I hope she pulls a Suranne Jones and does not need to come back. If I were an actor I imagine it would bore me to play the same role for fifty years.

Anonymous said...

I'm bored with the job I've done for 32 years, but it's a regular income and pays my mortgage. That might have a lot to do with it

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are not an actor than. Anyone who is bored with his job gives lousy work. Anon 20.44

Tvor said...

I'm glad she's not thinking about a permanent leaving. Carla's really got the potential to become one of Corrie's legends, thanks to Alison King's awesomeness.

vintgal003 said...

*Stellar* actress..one of Corrie's VERY best!

Lorna said...

Thanks for this interview! Very glad she doesn't want a permanent exit! Carla is my favourite character so I will certainly miss her when Alison does take a break but personally, I'd love to see an actress as talented as Alison King take on more strong roles. IMHO her portrayal of Carla has been superb but her potential as an actress is yet to be completely exploited so I hope she will decide to explore other opportunities before returning to Corrie.

Rhonda said...

I agree with you, Diane. Alison is a brilliant actor. I'm always nervous whenever one of my favorite actors announces a break from Corrie for fear they'll find a role that takes them away from our beloved Street! Alison is deffo a fav, so I just hope she loves her job on the Cobbles and knows how much she's loved!

Ruth owen said...

Alison King as Carla is one of my all time favourites. I love her no messing, direct character and the way she is with the factory girls. She is an outstanding actor.

Anonymous said...

She is wonderful and needs to go on to bigger things now. I think they've done all they can as far as her character is concerned.

Anonymous said...

She hasn't played it for 50 years she's played for 9 ������

ray daggett said...

Carla has class, she makes the show, she is beautiful, sexy actress, she deserves a break, and a kit kat, ray daggett

Anonymous said...

I think Alsion King is terrific adn Caral is "the one " for Nick ...I look forward to her return and hope Nick will go after her ...he can return saying she needs a rest adn will come home to him ...Caral does make the show along with the core of greats ....sick of the light weights like Jenny Bradley etc...

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!