Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 10 January 2011

Anyone else enjoying the war of the Websters?


I've always liked the Webster family, but I was concerned about where the storyline might end up after Molly's death in the tram crash. Rumour had it that Kevin and Sally would end up reconciled and bringing up baby Jack as part of the family. How dull, I thought - we deserve something better after all those months of Molvin awfulness.
And it does seem like we're getting it. Kevin and Sally are at each other's throats, and it's bringing the best out of Sally Dynevor and Michael le Vell. At last Kevin's got something more to do than wipe his hands on an oily rag. I really like how he's turned a bit heavy, lamping Tyrone, demanding a divorce, shouting the odds right left and centre and bringing the estate agent in to value the house and so forth. Also enjoying his little moments with Rita. I'm still hoping that he does a Steptoe and Son and constructs a dividing wall down the middle of the house.
Horrible for "the girls" though. It will be interesting to see how Sophie and Rosie react as things develop.
Overall I'm pretty convinced that it's a love-hate situation - Sally's due to have a fling but I'm betting it will be a short-lived ego-boost and I think the Webster's will end up back together eventually.
My own blog is here

7 comments:

Looney Baloon said...

Yes I am enjoying it! Was very funny that Sally was so smug in the pub and then was told Kev had an estate agent in! Not quite sure how he could freeze a joint account and just take her name off the garage papers without her consent though but was reading Kev is going to become a single father bringing up Jack on his own. Perhaps if Sophie and Sian want to conduct their adult relationship, they could start behaving like adults and get a job and contribute to the househouse expenses. Likewise Rosie could cough up more instead of spending most of her wages on clothes and handbags! A change is due to the Webster women say I!

Digger said...

It's standard practice for banks to freeze joint accounts when the holders are involved in a matrimonial dispute. Not so sure about the garage papers though - in what capacity was she on there? Not joint owner, surely?

Tvor said...

Yes it's awesome! They are intent on scoring points off each other now that the initial shock has worn off. I'm enjoying it too and the actors are having a great time, i bet!

To be fair, Sophie did have a job in the corner shop! Teenagers working for spending money does take a bit of burden off their parents but i agree that Rosie should be working in a proper job rather than the spotty modelling work she's getting and contributing to the household.

Anonymous said...

Good fun for me too. I would like Bill to come back though and add his two-penneworth to the "debate".

Sea Penguin said...

Oh definitely - I love Bill Webster

Dolly Tubb said...

It's great and so true to life with some lovely comedy moments such as arguing over the TV and who was it exactly who bought the cushions? It would be great if Bill was here - and Aunty Pam too - dispensing their own inimitable home spun philosophies to the warring couple! Can't help thinking though that Kevin and Sally will put all this behind them and are really meant to be '2gether 4ever'!

bbhilda said...

Yes, it reminds me of 'War of the Roses', it also reminds me of the end of my first marriage, he would pack boxes during the day, and I would go through them at night to take out anything I didn't think he was entitled to! (Hope he doesn't read this blog) :-)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!