Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 15 August 2019

Helen Worth interview: "If I was Gail I wouldn't have any friends!"


Helen Worth, who plays Gail Rodwell in Coronation Street, was interviewed live on ITV's Good Morning Britain this week. Helen is a wildlife campaigner and talked about a topic close to her heart,  conservation efforts to rescue and rehome a 20-year-old blind black rhino called Munu.

The link to find out more about Munu and The White Lion Foundation is: https://thewhitelion.foundation/

Helen also said that her character Gail was still on holiday in Thailand on screen.

Asked "Could this be the end (of Gail) on Coronation Street?", Helen laughed, ummed and aahed and said: "I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say! I am still here and I am alive and well."

Good to hear!

Asked by Richard Madeley (who should really know better) if she takes the character of Gail home with her, Helen was suitably professional in her reply. "Heavens, no! I just go to the dressing room, take off Gail's clothes, put on mine and go home. You'd go potty! If I went home as Gail I don't think I'd have any friends. I don't think I'd have a husband."
__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Scott Willison said...

"Could this be the end of Gail on Coronation Street?" they ask Helen Worth who is literally stood on Coronation Street.

Glenda Young said...

Richard Madeley's interviewing "technique" was disgraceful.

Bring Back Todd/Bruno .... said...

Years ago, I went to a Coronation Street "thing" in Blackpool and there were five of the (actors who play) cast members, giving talks and having photos taken with the GBP. There was Rita, Ken, Gail, Fred Elliot and Judy Mallett.

I can honestly say, Helen Worth was the friendliest, funniest, most natural one out of all of them. She was absolutely charming, lovely person.

Bobby Dazzler said...

of course she wouldn't have a husband...he'd be dead

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!