Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 1 June 2014

Coronation Street fan of the week - Conor in Northern Ireland

It's time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? 
Click here to find out more.   

Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Conor Wilson, I am 23 and I am from Derry in Northern Ireland.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I have been watching Corrie properly since I was about six or seven. I was always interested in the characters' back stories so I began reading books about Coronation Street. I now have six box sets, endless books and think I know about almost every character to walk down those cobbles!

Who are your favorite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Female - Without any doubt the brilliant Emily Bishop. I think she brings a massive sense of realism to the show, as there normally is a little sweet old lady in every street, who isn't always involved with the drama. I think Eileen Derbyshire portrays her brilliantly and was outstanding during the Ed Jackson and Ramsay stories.

Male - All time favourite would have to be Fred Elliot, he made me laugh but yet could play drama very well too. My favourite male character at the minute would have to be Steve MacDonald. He is absolutely hilarious!

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?

I enjoyed the Fred/Roy battle re-enactment when Roy nearly ended up killing Fred. I thought it was very comical. I also have enjoyed Hayley's cancer storyline as I thought it was very well acted by all concerned. Anything with Norris, Rita and Emily is brilliant though!

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
Something nostalgic. Where all the older residents are in the pub and they all invited to Hilda Ogden's surprise birthday. They all get a coach down and this could provide some really nice scenes for Coronation Street.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
I met Michelle Keegan when she was visiting our local nightclub. She was very nice and was surprised by how much I knew about Coronation Street. I have a large collection of Coronation Street memorabilia and have recently written to Eileen Derbyshire. I hope she replies! 

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Conor! I enjoyed your answers. You sound like a wise soul:)

Llifon said...

A kindred spirit! It was like reading my 'fan of the week' many years ago now. I'm glad someone of my age, like me, appreciates the older generation in soaps.

Great answers! :)

Anonymous said...

Listen up, Blackburn. This is a young person who PREFERS the older characters and story lines. You do NOT need to have murder and sex in every episode to attract younger viewers. Credit the youngsters with some taste and common sense - Conor clearly has such.
Bev

Anonymous said...

Will you please let us know if Eileen Derbyshire answers your letter?

Talia said...

I do hope Ms. Derbyshire does answer your letter Conor.
What a good interview; nice to read of a younger viewer who appreciates the "gentle, funny, and human" ( to quote Jean Alexander) world that Coronation Street was, and apart from rare glimpses,could hopefully be again.
Yes, please let us know if you hear back.

Zagg said...

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle at the Oompa Loompa skin effect of Michelle Keegan against this sweet looking young man.
Conor sounds like he has his head on straight. Good for him. A great interview.

maggie muggins said...

What a great 'fan of the week' blog entry! I love where Conor says he started watching Corrie 'properly' when he was 6 or 7! Brilliant. Conor, you sound like a grounded and fun young man :-) Love your fantasy storyline too.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!