Barbara Knox, who plays Coronation Street's Queen of the Kabin Rita Tanner, was interviewed live today on The Lorraine show on ITV1.
Barbara was being interviewed to show her support for ITV's Women of the Year awards.
She also talked about Rita's current role on Corrie, trying her best and failing to help Tina. "I've had some lovely lines, lovely stories and lovely people," she says. And she talked about Rita's relationship with Dennis Tanner and about Rita being a survivor with over 42 years on the cobbles.
Lorraine asked Barbara if she's able to go out and about, doing ordinary things like shopping as she's so recognisable. Barbara replied: "Well, I do because I think I should.
At the end of the day, I'm a human being and I have to do my own
shopping. People are very
nice, they love the programme, they come up to you and they are so kind. It's very nice, actually, because the
programme hasn't got stale. People still love it. I do go about and
sometimes they grab my arm and say, 'Come here, you!' I don't
particularly like that, but I suppose it's affectionate in a way!"
You can watch the interview here.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, 19 September 2012
You might also like...
-
Monday 5th October 2026 JODIE TEARS APART HER DAD’S SANITY David reveals that Doug has swiped both the toaster and the biscuit tin, Jodie p...
-
Friday 2nd October 2026 CHRISTINA SEES THE DAUGHTER SHE NEVER HAD Sally and Lucy call at the undertakers to order Rachel’s plaque. Sally pr...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Sunday 11 October to Friday 16 October 2026 Le...
-
Coronation Street has released a dramatic first look of Sarah Barlow’s long awaited court case. Sarah, played by Tina O'Brien, was arres...
-
Good evening. Doug (Steve Evets, best known probably for his long term role in Brassic) provided a class performance this evening. We know...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
