With baby Soames-Dobbs due to make its appearance soon, I do wonder what's going to happen to Kirsty. She's turning out to be a loathsome character, isn't she? All the horrible things she did to Tommy and Tina on Monday, and poor Tina feels like she's being gaslighted or something because no one believes her when she says that Kirsty is twisted and manipulative.
I've been cringing all the time that Kirsty's been on screen. She's horrible. But she can't last. Soap law tells us that criminals pay for their crimes, and that domestic abuse can't be ignored. Look at what happened to Charlie Stubbs. Justice is always meted out. Kirsty won't be able to settle down and live a happy life with Tyrone and the baby.
I did think she might die in childbirth - it does still happen, it could have been something like pre-eclampsia, maybe. But the photo above would suggest otherwise, so I suppose we might have to put up with her creepy psycho self a little while longer.
I bet though that within the year, she's gone, leaving Tyrone to bring up baby alone. Heartbreaking for Tyrone, and kind of a repeat of what happened to Molly, but I can't see her just leaving them - she's too controlling. Maybe she gets done for what she's done to Tyrone and goes to prison. She might get ill and die. She might get run over by a bus. We can only hope, I suppose.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, 5 September 2012
You might also like...
-
I have no idea if I am coming or going given recent scheduling changes. Speaking personally I think ITV made a fundamental error. The soap...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 24 August to Friday 28 August 2026 Tim ...
-
Friday 14th August 2026 SALLY AND TIM STRUGGLE WITH THEIR NEW ARRIVAL A scream wakes Sally and Tim, who find Lucy wide-eyed after a terrible...
-
Thursday 13th August 2026 TIM AND SALLY HAVE A NEW HOUSEGUEST Having taken a call from Ruth, the social worker, Sally tells Tim and Brody th...
-
Monday 17th August 2026 SARAH’S BLACKMAILED BEHIND BARS Todd returns from Thailand to receive a visiting order from Sarah. Todd visits Sarah...
-
Todd is back from his postponed trip to Thailand and as well as Mary walking in on him in the shower, he has another stressful thing to ...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August 2026 Sara...
-
Tuesday 18th August 2026 KIT TELLS SARAH THAT SHE’S ON HER OWN On the street, Todd tells Kit that Sarah would like to see him, she wouldn’t ...
-
Wednesday 19th August 2026 IDRIS HAS AN ACE UP HIS SLEEVE Idris tells Ollie that he’d like him to take part in the poker game, he’ll provid...
-
On our latest episode of the podcast, we chat about the goings on in Weatherfield between the 9th and the 14th August (Episodes #11,918 - #1...