Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 4 March 2016

Remembering Tony Warren, Ena Sharples' father

I never imagined that after a few weeks away from writing from the blog, my first post would involve I'd be paying tribute to Tony Warren, who sadly died earlier this week.

The news of his death on Wednesday lunchtime shocked me so much that I couldn't find words to describe how thankful I am for his simplistic little idea about a gritty northern back street. That idea has spawned into one of the most successful programmes on television, and is one of the longest running television programmes in the world. It's incredible to think he was just 24 when he came to think of it.

Coronation Street means so much to me; from how relatable to how humble it is, from the early days to the episodes of today, I have so much to thank Tony Warren for.


Tony Warren and his legacy will never be forgotten. He was a genius.


Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!