Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Connor McIntyre: "I'd like Phelan to take over the Rovers!"

There's a good interview with Connor McIntyre, who plays Pat Phelan, in this week's Inside Soap magazine.

Connor says he'd like Phelan to take over the Rovers. However, if that doesn't happen, Jason had better watch out as he admits that Phelan has his sights on Jason's building company.

Speaking about being brought back to Corrie, he's asked if he knew he'd be back for a second time. Connor says: "Soap law demands that villains always get their comeuppance in the end, so I wasn't really shocked to get the call. The writers have had the time to really flesh Phelan out and create a three dimensional character who's a bit of a tricky proposition.  I'm delighted to be here and even more fun this time around!"

At that mention of soap law then, I wonder if Phelan has a life-span on the show and how long he'll last?  Watching him with Eileen this week in the Bistro when he was sat with his back to Anna and Kev, it seems to me that Phelan has unfinished business with Anna. I wonder if we might see even more of his nastiness surface towards Anna, perhaps culminating in some sort of hostage situation? Just a thought and pure speculation!

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

abbyk said...

CM may want to see Phelan as the Rover's landlord, but hopefully he's the only one. I don't think I'd care for a weasel and tonic or a half pint of slime, even if it came with the chill we Americans so prefer. Besides, he needs a place to do dirty deals, and the Rovers is a temple that shouldn't be so desecrated. No no no, please no. Which means...

Anonymous said...

I also do not want to see Phelan take over the Rovers as it could mean Eileen would be his landlady sticking her tongue out and making nasty comments to customers she doesn't like.
What I do want to see is Phelan swindling the builder's yard from Jason and the house too from Eileen.

Anonymous said...

Can't see him in the Rovers but it's about time we had a longstanding villain that isn't Tracy Barlow. They have the opportunity to turn him into a well rounded character who could last for years if they don't succumb to this rinse/repeat roundabout they've done with every villain since Tony Gordon.

maggie muggins said...

I agree with abbyk's comment. No slime in the Rovers. As a baddie, he plays the part well, but I can only take so much of his nasty asides out of hearing of Eileen and Jason.

Anonymous said...

I'd turn off for good. Already forwarding his bits, partly because Eileen has turned even more sourfaced too. Just more nastiness going around in circles.

C in Canada said...

I'd have to agree with Anon above. If Phelan gets his greasy mitts on the Rover's, I might switch off. That would mean Liz would be out (and she's perfect where she is)as well as Michelle and Steve.
He sure doesn't deserve to be put in that hallowed spot.

Anybody hear when Steve's coming back?

Anonymous said...

Is he coming back with Rover?

Anonymous said...

My wife and I used to enjoy Corrie but I find myself perusing my iPad during the program. I am finding it boring and I am completely turn off by Phelan.

Anonymous said...

Somehow he doesn't feel like a long-term character to me; I think he'll cause his mayhem then leave. I hope.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!