Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 13 March 2016

Catherine Tyldesley signs new Coronation Street contract

The tabloids are reporting today that Catherine Tyldesley, who plays Eva Price in Coronation Street, has signed a contract for her to stay on the show for another year.

And the papers reckon that her new contract is worth £100k.

Catherine recently said in interviews: "I adore Corrie... but there are lots of other things I want to do, and I want to be versatile, so it would be nice to go off and do other bits and pieces.

"But I would hope that no matter what happens, Corrie will always be somewhere I can come home to. I'd love to see Eva at 80-odd, still behind the Rovers bar with her boobs up to here, setting the world to rights."

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness we get to keep one really great breath of fresh air - may Eva run the street for years to come.

Anonymous said...

I guess the only way to keep actors from jumping this fast sinking ship is to throw the dosh at them. Good for her though.

Tvor said...

Glad to hear Eva/Cath Tyldesley is staying! From what I understand, the actors are paid by the episode so if her contract is worth a lot, that may mean we'll see lots of Eva in the coming year but I doubt he tabloids really know the value of it. I think they usually slap 100 grand on most of the contracts they say are renewed.

Anonymous said...

Even though this character had the misfortune of living under the cloud of the Beige One when she arrived, she truly has been a wonderful addition to the Street and I am glad she stuck around! :)

maggie muggins said...

Good news for sure. Thanks for your take on the 100 grand, Tvor. I do wish her a fair salary, but that's quite high I would think. What do I know? Catherine Tyldesley is for me up there in quality with Suranne Jones and Katherine Kelly. I like that Eva is a kind person, who stands up for what she believes, including herself.

MartesBC said...

Yes, kudos to Catherine Tyldesley and her portrayal of Eva. sounds like along with the dosh she may have negotiated extended absences where she can appear in other things. Break up breaks in NYC I suppose :).

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!