Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 6 August 2010

Jim McDonald's back on Coronation Street

As well as narrating Corre! the stage play, Coronation Street's Jim McDonald is returning to the soap.

Charles Lawson said: "I'm going back into the street for a few episodes... I haven't seen the scripts. I suspect either I'm going to get killed, or... I don't know. I suspect I've probably been in the frame for it - whether or not I'm going to be, I've no idea, to be honest with you and if not I don't know what I'm going to do. But I'll be around for the 50th anniversary."

Well, that's cleared that up, then.

I wonder if he'll have his famous Ulster Fry this time around on the show?

10 comments:

Sea Penguin said...

The Ulster Fry! fab! Roy's Rolls should start doing them just so we can hear Big Jim demanding one.

John McE said...

Oh no! They can't kill off Jim, so they can't. Everyone knows Jim is the only man for Liz, and I'd love to see them both running the Rovers together.

Tvor said...

Just in time to see Jim go fist to fist with Owen over Liz? Might be a fair fight this time lol I'd hate to see them kill Jim off though. Pleassssseeeee nooooo!

Chewy said...

I hope he doesnt die! He's JIM! :O

John M said...

Oooh, I'll bet there will be fireworks when our Jim sets his eyes on Liz and Owen! I really hope he isn't coming back only to be killed off. I'm always forgetting whether Jim is in or out of "the big house" at any one time. I think he is out at the moment ...?

Cobblestone said...

I think he's only been inside once, and that was for the manslaughter of Jez Quiggley (who ironically really killed himself trying to do Steve in) I want Big Jim back permanantly, so I do. Either that, or Vernon - or both! Not much taken with Owen as yet.

Kit Wat said...

Didn't Jim and Andy come by before Steve and Becky's wedding?
Don't think he was on on parole.
Vernon, no not Vernon, but Owen, he's the rough 'n ready sort, not unlike Jim, more Liz's type.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jim! Why do they not make him regular? Can't they swap him out for Bill Webster? No one'll notice Bill's gone!

Yoork (at work!)

Judy Garland said...

Catch yerself on Jim, dont catch a tram at Christmas!

jamescc said...

Jim's back, so 'e is !

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!