Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 29 February 2020

Why Geoff and the chicken is Coronation Street gold


I still can't quite believe what I watched last night on Coronation Street. I was shocked, stunned and laughed my socks off too. In fact, I loved/hated it so much that I might just watch it again and again and again.

Yes, I'm talking about Geoff and Yasmeen's chicken. Poor Charlotte. She hadn't been laying eggs and Geoff accused it of being menopausal. But Yasmeen had faith in the old bird, as did we all. When Geoff sent Yasmeen to her room like a naughty child, I yelled "No, Yasmeen! Don't go!" at the screen. I always know when Corrie's on good from when I'm screaming at the screen instead of inspecting my fingernails and tutting, or worse, turning my phone on to look at Twitter instead of watching my favourite show.

Last night the tension built wonderfully. There was a moment when you knew what Geoff had done, but then you thought: "No... he can't have, can he? They wouldn't, would they?'' but he had and they did.

And it was glorious.

Absolutely horribly glorious.


And the best bit of all in this storyline?  Well, it's knowing that we'll that smirk knocked off Geoff's face once and for all. Because soap villains always get their comeuppance. I want to slap it off him myself. In the meantime, chicken nuggets anyone?


See also: Corrie's Geoff and Yasmeen story attracts official complaints
_
Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Conversation Street said...

First time for a while that we've watched part of an episode of Corrie both with our hands over our mouths!

Humpty Dumpty said...

I didn't crouch behind the sofa as in the early days of Dr Who but stood by the door to watch it. When I though we might see Geoff strangle Charlotte, I left the room. He didn't, did he? Fascinating way the actor is playing him now. There was no self-satisfied smirk as Yasmeen threw up. He seems devoid of any emotion, including elation. Towards the end of Phelan's reign of terror, the actor was saying Phelan was a psychopath. So I wonder if Geoff's character is going in that direction. In the same way Anna caused Phelan's death, I hope Yasmeen cooks a meal and Geoff beings to choke on a chicken bone. She leaves him to die a horrible death and we will never know if she planned the whole thing.

Sharon boothroyd said...

But how an earth did Geoff have the time to kill it, pluck it, gut it, stuff it and cook it?
It must have taken around 3- 4 hours or more. I bet they were having their meal at midnight!
I hope Yasmeen becomes veggie after this.

Catsmom said...

As an animal lover, I HATED that scene. I wonder if PETA would speak up if they knew about it.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!