Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 15 October 2017

Coronation Street Blog editor gives two talks next week


Corrie fans who are in or around the north-east next week, please come and join me at the Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival.

I've been asked to do a couple of talks as part of Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival 2017.  And while I've always shied away from talking in public in the past, and I'm nervous about doing these talks, I'm also excited about it. And if anything I have to say can help any other writers or bloggers out there, then it'll all be worthwhile.

I'm going to be talking about how and why I started up the Coronation Street Blog in 2007 (10 years ago!) and how it all works, what our team does and how we run a successful blog that's published a book - and an app.

I'll also go on to talk about the seven TV Tie-In Coronation Street books I've written.

In addition, I'll speak about the fiction-writing side of my life as I write short stories for women's magazines (Take a Break, My Weekly, The People's Friend) and I have been commissioned to write the first ever weekly soap opera for The People's Friend magazine (the world's oldest story magazine).

And, last but not least, I'll talk about how all of that has led me to writing my first novel - which I'm currently doing - and how a leading London literary agent has signed me up.

So, here's when I'm on...  and if you come along for either or both of my talks, please bear with me if I stumble over words through my nervousness. I've not stood up to speak in front of people since I was in the Brownies!

I'm going to be speaking at the following next week:
Monday 16 October at Washington Town Centre Library at 2pm.
Friday 20 October at Houghton Library at 2pm.

You can find out more about the Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival here.


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 

3 comments:

abbyk said...

Break a leg, Glenda. I’ll be there in spirit.

maggie muggins said...

Yes, me too! Good job!

PoidaPete said...

Good luck Glenda!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!