Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 2 April 2015

Shayne Ward reveals all about his Coronation Street audition

Shayne Ward shot to fame as the winner of the second series of The X Factor. I admit I had to Google him to find out who he is because I've never seen the X Factor in my life.

Anyway, the reason he's on the Blog today is that he's been for an audition at Coronation Street. 

He tells the Mirror today
it would be a dream come true to get a part in Corrie. 

Shayne exclusively told Mirror Celeb: "....before we knew it, an audition did come in. I couldn't believe it and neither could my management. I thought it was incredible, I'm a massive fan of the show and my mum is a huge fan. I think for me it's just to be associated with it, especially Stuart Blackburn the producer, for him to sit in on the casting, I was over the moon."

Shayne said he read through a script and gave the audition everything he had and is now playing a waiting game, trying not to get his hopes up.

"Everyone says I'd play a good bad boy, I think it's because of the tattoos. I would love to play a bad boy, especially on Coronation Street. I'm not an established actor but I'm willing to learn. I heard about Sarah (Harding) getting a role in the show, people said it might be an April Fool's Day joke, but I think she'll be brilliant. I met her during an audition for Popstars The Rivals and I've known her for years. I saw her again during the War of the Worlds tour."

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What has happened to the casting office at Corrie? Is it now the remit to try and cast as many established stars and reality TV wannabes as possible?

Vile.

AmandaB said...

Seems like an open invitation to anyone who IS'NT a trained actor to come onto the show.

What next Peter Andre as the new barman or an out of workpage 3 'model'.

It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Humpty Dumpty said...

This is why Corrie was better 20 years ago. Apart from the long-standing ones, I hardly knew any of the actor's names as our interest was focussed on the characters. I suppose this new character will be Bethany's boyfriend. Yet another lodger in the Platt household?

Anonymous said...

Another pretty boy? Why whose boyfriend is he going to be? Why aren't properly trained actors being hired?

Anonymous said...

He's a wee bit old for Bethany, Humpty.

I love Shayne Ward, I saw him in London when he was in Rock of Ages, he was very very good. And got a standing ovation.

So I imagine he would be a great addition.

Anonymous said...

Him and Kym Marsh could have a singsong!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!