Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 11 April 2015

Anna and Tim - do you think they'll get together?

I'm going to miss Owen Armstrong a lot.  He was never a nice fella, there was always that undercurrent of violence about him, as if he was going to explode at any moment, and sometimes he did. Remember when he hit Faye? I'll miss him just the same. He was a complex character and in Ian Puleston-Davies, a great actor too.

When Owen's eyes filled with tears on last night's Corrie as Anna told him she didn't love him any more, my eyes swelled too.  I'm glad Corrie haven't killed him off which is always a good sign that a character and actor could return.  Ian Puleston-Davies is going on to star in new TV drama Beowulf and we wish him all the best, I know he'll do a great job. His gain is Corrie's loss.


With Owen gone, and Anna all over the place, thoughts now turn to whether she might force her affections on Tim. I'm loving Faye's baby storyline and it does seem the obvious thing to happen that new grandparents Tim and Anna will bond over the baby.  Maybe it's too obvious and Coronation Street won't go down this route.  Part of my hopes not, and yet.. and yet, another part hopes they will.  Here's what I hope will happen - Anna comes onto Tim and while he's tempted, he knows which side his bread's buttered on with Sally and stops himself before he gets involved.

 
It's going to be very interesting to see what happens in Faye's baby storyline next. Maybe news reaches Pat Phelan that Anna's now free and single and he slimes his way back to the Street to be with her and this time, she gives in freely and willingly.

Maybe Eddie will return after he's had a wash and brush up and found himself a job?


Who knows what will happen? Time will tell.  I'm looking forward to see how it all unfolds.  I do wish Corrie give more of a role to Gary and Izzy in helping Faye cope with the baby, whether she keeps it or not. For me, the actors who play Gary and Izzy are much under used assets on Corrie. Some actors light up the screen when they come on, let's have them back together, Corrie please.



Glenda Young 
Flaming Nora Blog / Twitter  



Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't understand how anyone would want to split up the wonderful partnership that is Tim and Sally - Corrie's very own odd couple.

Frosty the Snowman said...

If the PTB split up Tim and Sally who have become a very popular couple then they need sacking. Anna with her whey face and round shoulders is hardly one to tempt Tim from the blonde bombshell Sally. I wish they would just write her out, the character has had her day now.

Humpty Dumpty said...

It would be the worst possible decision to split Tim and Sally up permanently. I can see that Sally will read more into Tim and Anna inevitably getting closer. If Sally takes the view that the best option would be adoption, that would also create a wedge between her and Tim. But ultimately they are the best matched couple in Corrie and I hope it stays that way.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Izzy and Gary were great together, and both much under-used. I can't for the life of me understand why they broke up. To me, there didn't seem to be any real reason. We just woke up one day and it had happened.

Anonymous said...

The only possible reason I could see for them splitting up Gary and Izzy was for him to hook up with Alya and give that character something to do, not that we've seen very much of that relationship (or character, come to think of it) since the bus crash. Splitting up Sally and Tim would be an absolute sin and I hope they don't go down that road. Remember Anna got Owen to put pressure on Tim to leave Weatherfield and leave FayE alone; I hope that gets brought up at some point!

Anonymous said...

I love Tim and Sally together.. would hate to see them split.
Rebecca in TO

Anonymous said...

I hope they don't put Anna & Tim together, it would just be so obvious.

Nikki NZ said...

If you even think about it Stuart Blackburn, it will be over between us.

vintgal003 said...

I would VERY much like to see Eddie come back.....he was tremendous fun with his crazy hair and all!! Eddie the cobbles are calling to you...

Tim and Sally I would like to see stay together...they make an excellent couple!

Shan said...

I don't want to see Tim and Anna end up together but a storyline where she begins to get all mixed up with her feelings and the baby and she then throws herself at Tim wouldn't be a bad idea. I really like the character of Tim and who he has become and I think he would be stronger if he turns Anna down than if he gets together with her.

Anonymous said...

Of course, if you want Tim's character to be written out in short order. Anyone with Anna is doomed to the chopping block.

Anonymous said...

Can't stand Tim and Sally as a couple (makes me cringe!!) She's such a snob and he's too good for her, he deserves better.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!