Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 10 December 2011

Charlie Condou signs new Corrie contract to March 2013

Charlie Condou, who plays the fab Marcus Dent on Coronation Street, has signed a new Coronation Street contract that will keep him on the cobbles until March 2013.  I think this is excellent news. Charlie is a great actor and Marcus a wonderful character.

In Charlie's weekly column in The Guardian, The Three of Us, he writes today: "This week I also made the biggest commitment of my professional life. I've signed for another year on Coronation Street, taking me right through to March 2013.


As an actor it's rare to have anything like job security, so knowing where I'm going to be working for the next 15 months is not something I've experienced before. It feels right, though. With the new baby coming it's great knowing that I have that bit of security. The only downside is that I'm based in Manchester a lot of the time, and it can be hard sometimes to be away from the family. It's a small price to pay though, and we've managed to make it work without problems so far."

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So long as that doesn't mean more of Cotton.

Frosty the Snowman said...

I presume Widow Twanky alais Anthony Rotton will follow suit - nooooooooooooooooooo.

Tvor said...

Yay! Glad to see Marcus is staying!

Anonymous said...

Me too, I like Marcus. When paired with Sean, he provides a good balance.

maggie muggins said...

Yay for Charlie! Been reading his column and find it full of love and warmth for his family, and life in general. I agree, with Marcus in the picture, Sean gets to be a more nuanced character. And I like Sean anyway.

Anonymous said...

I like the character of Marcus but am finding Sean really getting tiresome. I can see Violet either dying of cancer or not being able to raise her son and gives custody to Sean and Marcus. I hope they re-cast the kid though..the last one was pretty scared looking all the time.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!