Peter has realized that Carla is the one for him, this week anyway. But as we all know, Peter's not the most decisive of men and he wants to please everyone. He also knows he's not really the strongest of men and will bow down to the pressure of his responsibilities when he sees that sad little Simon-face. Leaving Leanne isn't going to be as straightforward as he thinks.
And I think even if he does manage it at some point, the odds of he and Carla going the distance are stacked pretty high against him. I just can't see them as a long term couple, raising Simon and any other children together as a happy family. I expect there will be a few twists and bumps in the road yet, though, and I've done a longer blog post about it over here.
I know Peter and Carla as a couple have their fans. I'm not one of them but since soaps thrive on triangles, I guess we're in for a bit of back and forth between Peter, his wife and the other woman. Good thing I do like all three characters, and actors, at least.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
You might also like...
-
Friday 2nd October 2026 CHRISTINA SEES THE DAUGHTER SHE NEVER HAD Sally and Lucy call at the undertakers to order Rachel’s plaque. Sally pr...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
Good evening. Doug (Steve Evets, best known probably for his long term role in Brassic) provided a class performance this evening. We know...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Monday 5th October 2026 JODIE TEARS APART HER DAD’S SANITY David reveals that Doug has swiped both the toaster and the biscuit tin, Jodie p...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
