When I was young and just out of school, I got a full time job. I was still living at home, so I was expected to pay "room and board". Whether that money went towards helping pay the bills or whether my parents saved it for a fund to pay for weddings for my sister and I was no matter, it was part of the privilege of living home.
I know Fiz doesn't want to put a financial burden on Chesney like that which was probably put on her while living with Cilla and her schemes, but I still think she should be allowing Chesney to help contribute to the household expenses. He's working full time on a stall and by all accounts, making decent money. He *should* be contributing and he knows it. He's trying to show responsibility and Fiz is closing the door on that. She's got enough to worry about, wouldn't his contributions take a bit of worry off her mind? Then she might not be as tempted to accept Joy Fishwick's money. Get a grip, lass!
State of the Street blog here, Canadian "Bluenose" Corrie blog here.
Monday, 7 February 2011
You might also like...
-
Friday 9th October 2026 SOMEONE HAS TO COVER UP THEIR TRACKS David calls an ambulance and explains that someone has been shot. The paramedi...
-
Monday 5th October 2026 JODIE TEARS APART HER DAD’S SANITY David reveals that Doug has swiped both the toaster and the biscuit tin, Jodie p...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Sunday 11 October to Friday 16 October 2026 Le...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Thursday 8th October 2026 IT’S THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR SHONA AND JODIE Flashforward: At No.8, the living room is strewn with someone’s belon...
-
Wednesday 7th October 2026 JODIE FINALLY SENDS SHONA PACKING As Jodie returns home with Shona’s birthday cake, she finds Shona frantically ...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Coronation Street has released a dramatic first look of Sarah Barlow’s long awaited court case. Sarah, played by Tina O'Brien, was arres...
-
This is the dramatic moment when Coronation Street’s ‘single white female’ Jodie Ramsey proves she will stop at nothing to steal her sister’...
-
Good evening. Doug (Steve Evets, best known probably for his long term role in Brassic) provided a class performance this evening. We know...