Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 12 February 2011

Corrie weddings rarely run smoothly


This is no exception to the soap rule that a wedding will not go off without some hitch or other. Peter knows about Leanne and Nick's affair and last night, was stone faced and angry. Seething. And only Tracy knows. I thought Tracy was going to tell him gleefully but as it worked out, Peter saw the e-ticket to Italy and started to work it out on his own. He then dragged it out of Tracy.

And so the revenge began. He got all the conspirators at one pub table and told them he wanted to bury the hatchet (in Nick's back, from the looks of his face afterwards). As Tony Stewart of the Mirror says here, Peter is going to publically humiliate Leanne at the blessing on Monday. Jane Danson has said that Leanne's wedding day isn't going to be the one she dreamed about.

Will they split up for good? Will they manage to stay together and work things out? Personally, I hope they do manage to stay together, for Simon's sake to start with. They really do love each other though trust has blown apart now. Leanne learned a hard lesson when she nearly lost Peter. She realized where her priorities and her heart lie but it'll be a long time before Peter believes that. It would be nice to see at least one marraige survive a crisis like this but it's understandable if it doesn't because most of them fall apart for far less. If it were real life, I'd probably tell Peter to ditch Leanne too. How could he trust her again? Simon will be ok in the long run and you can't stay together just for the children if you're going to be miserable.

But it's a soap. It's a fantasy world. Why not have a happy ending once in awhile?

13 comments:

indeg said...

I really want them to weather this storm and come through it stronger, too, but for now I'm really nervous about how bad things will get next week!

Jane said...

They are my favourite family unit at the moment & I do hope that the writers have decided to keep them together. If Dreary (she does need slapping over Tracey, but I digress!)& Ken can still be together after all their ups and downs, surely there must be hope for the new Barlows!

Anonymous said...

Yep add me to list of people who want them to stay with each other. They're great toghether, with Simon too of course.

Fishwife said...

Jane is looking very thin for a young mum.
I hope she is eating wisely, and not on one of those actressy diets of smoking and mirrors.

Anonymous said...

Watching Tracey as Peter told her about his suspicions after finding the ticket - then her filling him in on the rest - she was in her element. The 2 of them were worse than the other. And in the Rovers it was like her watching her evil twin do what she wanted to do, but enjoying the plan vicariously.

It's gonna take an awful lot for Leanne to survive this mess as Peter's wife. Though I hope she does too.

maggie muggins said...

Woops, that last comment was mine. Can't wait for Valentine's Day.

Frosty the Snowman said...

I am fed up with Peter wallowing in self pity all the time. Yes Leanne cheated on him but they werent married at the time and I seem to recall he broke the relationship up last time by sleeping with some woman on a yacht. Does he even consider Simon's feelings when he launches into his "poor old me" tirade on Monday? What he has put that poor little boy through in his young life with his total selfishness and "problems". Simon loves Leanne and he has already lost one mother. Why air their dirty linen in public. I am getting heartily sick of Peter, let Carla have him and we will see how long she will put up with him.

Anna Hughes said...

I highly dislike Leanne..... but for Simons sake I hope her and Peter stay together.

As for Nick... well I dislike him too.

As for Carla... I love Carla and I would like to see her with Peter... she deserves to be happy after everything she has been through... but I can see that he would just end up doing something and breaking her heart.
So I think Carla deserves better than Peter.... I hope the writers get her to move on from Peter quickly and give her some happiness... because it would be lovely to see her happy. I hope they bring her brother in too so she has some real family there for her. :)

Jane said...

I agree,I too love Carla,& think Alison does a great job. Carla does deserve happiness, though not with Peter. Perhaps a character fom her past (friend of her brothers?)who knew her before she clawed her way up and knows how vulnerable she is behind the tough act.

Cobblestone said...

We know that Leanne ended the affair before she married Peter, but he doesn't know that, Frosty. As far as he knows, they could be at it still.

You're right to recall that woman on the yacht though ... and dare I mention the word 'bigamy'? But pots & kettles are rarely taken seriously in this street (Ian Davenport?) apart from in the household of the elder Barlows, where recriminatory references to canals and CCTV footage are regularly lobbed across the breakfast table.

pinkelephant said...

I too am very sick of Peter's wallowing and utter hypocrisy. If it were real life I'd have advised Leanne to head for the hills long ago. I think Peter's been getting a lot more from this relationship than she ever has. The guy has more baggage than just about any man under the sun. Yuck. I fail to see what the attraction could possibly be.

pinkelephant said...

... And what is so attractive about a vengeful man who gets his kicks out of publicly humiliating a woman? What a great way to deal with your relationship problems. NOT. But then again, Peter's done a good job of humiliating himself in front of everyone over and over again. He seems to thrive on public spectacles. Will this miserable character ever leave Corrie?? One can only hope.

maggie muggins said...

I have this weird theory about Peter's Blessing Day evil plan. I wonder if he would have done it if Tracey wasn't around. He first found the Italy ticket, then Tracey told him the rest and just waited for him to react and act. I just wonder if she wasn't there at that moment if he wouldn't have done something else - not quite so horrible and public. Let's face it, Tracey doesn't exactly bring out the best in people. She doesn't even have to say anything and people get crazy around her.

I wasn't a Peter fan for a long time, and now that I've come to like him, I'm finding it hard to completely give up on him.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!