Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Corrie fan gets to be an extra on the Street


Mark Rooney is one very lucky Corrie fan . He won the chance to be an extra in an upcoming episode of Coronation Street. The ‘BE A VIP on Coronation Street’ competition was run by Holland’s Pies  to celebrate Holland’s range of limited edition 50th anniversary Coronation Street pies.

Mark spent an entire day on set along with his son Declan. They received a guided tour of the set, watched filming take place, hung out with the cast and crew and even took part in one of the scenes.

Mark, said: “Taking part in the filming was fantastic. Along with another extra, we walked arm-in-arm down the famous cobbled street outside of the Rovers as a scene was being filmed. It was a great moment to think that I could be staring in my favourite programme; I really hope that it makes the final cut and is aired so that I can be the envy of my friends. One of the highlights of the day was meeting Shobna Gulati, who plays Sunita, she has been my favourite character since she first entered the street ten years ago. I was a little bit star struck when I met her but I told her how much I enjoyed watching her on screen character and we had a photograph together.”  

Mark's pictured here with Julie Hesmondhalgh, who plays Hayley Cropper.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If only i could be an extra in Coronation street, what a dream come true this would be as this is my FAVOURITE tv show. Coronation stret is probably the only thing i watch on tv and look forward to every night. If only i coud be an extra would make my dream come true.

Tasmin said...

me and my best friend LOVE coronation street whenever its on we cancel everything and watch it ! we would definitely love to be an extra on coronation street

dave w said...

PLEASE can i have details on what i have to do to be a extra on Corrie.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!