Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 28 February 2011

Rita Sullivan - Kabin Extraordinaire

I love Reet I do, she's warm, she's bright, she's sunny and she reminds me of my grandma. She's got morals, she's got love and best of all, she's got sweets! Corrie's been a bit short on Rita lately, but her one appearance tonight brightened up the whole episode for me, giving Sophie some advice (as she always does).

I hope The Kabin reopens soon (as I lamented on here), because without Rita, the show feels that little bit emptier. Of course, Rita is good by herself, but she's fantastic with Norris, always tutting at his nosy remarks and his little complaints, but I think deep down they love each other really.

Every street should have a Reet.

5 comments:

mister_tmg said...

Great post! I actually think Rita is by far the most popular character the show has at the moment. Shame she doesn't get many storylines.

Some of her lines over Xmas seemed a bit self-pitying though, when Gail was complaining, then when they raised a toast to the tram crash victims, Rita just reminded them of her amazing survival!

Glenda Young said...

Chewy, how right you are!

Llifon said...

Yeah, I have to say I smiled when I saw her. Although nearing 80, she still looks smart. Hope the Kabin reopens soon!

Anonymous said...

I agree Chewy - long live Rita!!

modtl said...

According to next Thursday's spoilers, Rita struggles to accept her new future after Norris reveals his plans. I wonder what this means. Could we be losing Rita from The Kabin?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!