Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 20 November 2009

Honeymoon Heartbreak?

Steve and Becky went on a belated honeymoon after she was cleared of all charges, the ones the bent copper threw at her. They went on that Greek Island holiday that she'd won. Something happened on that holiday, a row, something that caused Becky to flee to Romania to the comforting arms of Roy and Hayley. Of course, not having seen the video yet, I don't know if there was any other explanation other than a row so I'm going on that assumption. Knowing these two, it could have been a real blazer. They are both back in Weatherfield but something's up. We haven't really seen them together at all. Becky seems quiet and thoughtful and Steve seems to be sort of drifting. Post-honeymoon, you'd think they'd be all loved up or at least we'd see them continuing the row. Having them both so quiet and possibly avoiding each other seems out of character. Am I reading more into this? I hope we get to see some scenes where they talk about it or make up whatever rift seems to be there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodie! We can't have Steve and Becky have a smooth matriomonial road from here -- these two are just too, too self-absorbed, quirky, etc... I just hope whatever has stuck itself between them is interesting and engaging -- doesn't exactly have to be that believable -- just enough credibility per the usual Corrie fairy tale for adults...

Anonymous said...

Judging by episodes, they probably have had a big argument of some sort. But TBH, I'm kinda fed up with Steve and Becky's relationship issues, it's all a bit tedious now.

John said...

Am I the only one that hopes Becky quickly disappears for good? I just cannot stand her constant over-acting.

Anonymous said...

John, I'm sure you're not the only one...

Anonymous said...

Yes John, I completely agree with you. I was enjoing the break from Becky.

Rebecca said...

I hate this couple even more than Molvin, so I'm glad they're rowing. Bring back Steve and Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, no, no ...don't bring back Steve and Michelle! I'll take even Steve and Molly Dobbs at this point!

Unknown said...

Haha, I did wonder about this also, TVOR. We shall see. Maybe there will be a storyline involving Becky Granger that doesn't involve her getting in trouble with the law?

Old Ena said...

I agree we have had enough of Steve and Becky's overacted "issues" to last us for quite some time. But didnt I read (on here I think) that Becky is pregnant?

Anonymous said...

I've actually seen the 'spin off' DVD and Becky doesn't elaborate on what's happened between her and Steve other than to say they've had a row on their honeymoon.

I was actually wary of buying this latest DVD having witnessed the apalling Out of Africa one starring GOD-CILLA and her ilk but have to say that having watched it I'm now glad I went ahead and made the purchase.

It's a nicely written - fish out of water themed- comedy caper, centred around two of Weatherfield's most famous residents, Roy and Haley.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!